This position is closed or expired.
See other Legal jobs
Are you looking for a stimulating new career in an industry that has a positive impact on this planet? averda is a leading environmental services company in the GCC region and rapidly expanding. We are currently looking for a Legal Counsel to report into our Senior Legal Counsel. The Legal Counsel will have key responsibilities in providing full legal support to our Corporate Group. We are looking for a bright, switched-on, Law professional who has high integrity and who enjoys working in a fast paced and innovative environment.
You will be responsible for:
• Handling routine corporate structure work and keeping the Group’s companies in good standing
• Statutory, company secretarial and filing matters
• Liaising with Government, federal and relevant authorities (Commercial Registries, Ministries of Trade, Departments of Economic Development, Ministries of Labor etc…)
• Acting as custodian of all original legal documents
• Handling commercial issues such as research, due diligence, presentations and compliance (mainly in MENA but also in the rest of the world)
• Assisting in preparing, reviewing and advising on shareholders and Directors’ resolutions, agreements, tender documents, MOUs and contracts
• Assisting in assessing and advising on legal risks arising from operations, acquisitions and other activities.
• Assisting in engaging external specialist legal advisors including IP agents from time to time
• Acting as first point of call with external legal advisors
• Taking part in any additional duties as directed by the Senior Legal Counsel
• Travel: the position would be based in the corporate headquarters in Dubai but the successful candidate would be required to travel frequently across the MENA region but primarily within the GCC.
To succeed in this challenging and career progressing role you will be bilingual in both English and Arabic with excellent communication skills. You will have the ability to work with people at all different levels. Colleagues would describe you as being an adept team player who is also able to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines. Most importantly you will have the ability to draw upon your exemplary legal experience to make sound judgments to accomplish your goals.
This position requires a Bachelor's Degree in Law with 5-7 years of experience in the field. 4 of those years must be in the GCC.
About the Company
Averda is an integrated group of companies covering the collection, treatment, recycling and sanitary landfilling of municipal solid waste, manufacturing, real estate and information technology.
It is considered to be one of the largest Lebanese Companies. Not withstanding its state-of-the-art facilities, Averda\\\\'s core asset relies on the acumen of its diverse team of engineers, experts in the operational, technical and environmental fields, financial analysts, and administrators.
Averda encompasses a multi-sector organization for maximum efficiency: Corporate, Utilities, Manufacturing, Real Estate, Information Technology, and Services.