Job description / Role
The Legal Counsel will be responsible To provide efficient and effective organizational support to the legal department, providing legal advices and services to other departments in the company. Supervising junior legal members and assisting legal manager in drafting and reviewing legal documents.
- Drafting, Revising Lease Agreements, Tenancy Contracts, for residential/ Commercial/ lands (plots), Property Agreements, Termination Agreements, IT Agreements, Supply Agreements, Memorandums of Understanding, Cases Memorandums and all official documents/ notifications/ letters and legal services.
- Follow up and negotiate with defaulters on Rents, Service charges, Renewals and agreement's breaches cases, including issuing the notifications and monitoring the due dates for proceeding with legal procedures before courts.
- Assisting on filling Rental cases before Rent Committee on all related defaulters or non-payment of rent and service charges or non- renewal of contracts and contract breaches, including drafting memos, following up cases.
- Assisting in corporate matters including but not limited to (Shareholder Resolutions, MOA, AOA, POAs, addendum and assignments of shares, liquidations and merger matters and any issue relating to the companies).
- Provide relevant required legal consultancies to the leasing and residential departments and any other department when required.
- Provide legal services during the absence of the Legal Manager.
- Attending ordinary rental cases before Rental Dispute Centre.
- Liaising and attending meetings with external counsels.
- Attending before Notary Public and other governmental authorities.
- Follow up with courts and committees.
- Must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Law.
- Ought to be fluent in Arabic Language.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Proficient in Microsoft office.
- At least 4 years’ experience as an in-house legal counsel in one of the good reputable organization preferably in real estate and property development.
- Experience in drafting, reviewing and revising contracts, agreements, letters and any other type of legal documents in Arabic and English.
- Experience in supervising junior legal staff and monitor their work.
About the Company
Al Ghurair Properties is a pioneering real estate operation which develops and manages commercial, residential, hospitality and mixed use developments. For three decades, Project Development and Asset Management has been our stock in trade, catering to Dubai communities and business sector.