Job description / Role
• Supporting and assisting the Legal Director in matters handled by the Legal Department as and when assigned by the Legal Director.
• Drafting, reviewing and negotiating different kinds of documents and agreements including F&B, Lease, Promotion, Banking, MoA, Resolutions.
• Supporting the Cinema exhibition business on daily basis and provide legal advice on operational matters.
• Corporate matters including the incorporation till liquidation/de registration of the Company.
• Dealing with external Legal firms, Economic Department, land Dept, National Media Council and other relevant Government authorities.
• Undertake Legal negotiation on major Agreements
• Managing legal process and due diligence on business transactions.
• Filing and organizing matters and documents.
• Follow up on all new laws and regulations that may have implications to the company.
• Overseeing Legal administrative works within the Department
• Bachelors/ Masters of Law degree.
• 7-10 years of Legal experience with at least 4 years’ experience in the UAE as in-house lawyer.
• Arabic an advantage but not a must.
• Knowledge of the UAE Laws (knowledge of any additional jurisdiction will be an advantage).
• Excellent skills in drafting and negotiating various kinds of agreements (mainly agreements related to F&B)
About the Company
Novo Cinemas is home to the most innovative entertainment experiences in the GCC, offering each visitor A Great Time Out since 2014. We are one of the largest cinema chains in the Middle East because we push boundaries, pioneer change, and consistently strive for the "new". We began our legacy by introducing the region to such evolutionary technologies as the largest IMAX with Laser in the MENA region, online booking, e-kiosks and the first cinema-dedicated mobile app.
Novo Cinemas takes pride in showcasing the latest viewing technology, being acknowledged as the regional leader in cinema innovation when bestowed with the Most Innovative Cinema award at ComiCon ME 2017. This award is a testament to our dedication to providing customers with the most state-of-the-art movie-going experiences possible.
Our theaters are cinematic experience hubs creating lasting memories for every customer. Novo brings movies to life, letting guests choose from 2D, 3D, 4D, IMAX with Laser, ATMOS and luxury 7-Star VIP suites for their comfort. Supporting the in-theatre entertainment are bespoke gourmet menus, the latest trends in cinema snacks including frozen popcorn, fresh crepes and healthy treats. We are committed to providing every community with a personalized and outstanding entertainment experience placing cinema-goers at the forefront. Known as a destination for regional premieres, we are proud to host the most anticipated preview screenings. In addition to blockbuster releases, Novo offers corporate and private group bookings as well as alternative content such as live boxing, cricket and football matches and the performing arts. Films can be as informative as they are entertaining and Novo's commitment to education is reflected in our wide range of stunning IMAX documentary films available for private school bookings.
There are currently 158 screens across the GCC, ongoing expansion will see our numbers grow to over to 220 screens in more than 20 cinemas in four markets by 2019. Novo Cinemas. A Great Time Out! www.novocinemas.com
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Contracts, Legal & Compliance Administrator
Irwin & Dow