Job description / Role
The Legal Counsel will take on generalist responsibilities including:
• Dealing with general day to day commercial and operational legal enquiries from the business units/departments across the company network;
• Assisting in reviewing, drafting, advising and negotiating on a diverse range of commercial contracts;
• Assisting in drafting and reviewing corporate documents;
• Undertaking general corporate work (such as registration and liquidation of companies, share transfers, etc.) and maintaining up-to-date corporate documents of the entities he/she oversees;
• Dealing with and advising on employment law and regulatory matters;
• Working closely with upper management and other stakeholders;
• Reviewing contentious matters, analyzing facts and coordinating with external lawyers for litigious matters;
• Setting up regional commercial and operational policies;
• Assisting with customer complaints;
• Conducting legal research and analysis;
• Conducting training; and
• Dealing with ad hoc legal matters.
• Bachelor’s degree in Law from a reputable university;
• Qualified Lawyer – must be admitted to practice in your home country (law society/Bar admitted);
• Experience in shipping, transportation and/or logistics is required;
• 5+ years PQE;
• Fluency in both English and Arabic (speaking, reading and writing) is critical and candidates that do not meet this criterion will not be considered. Fluency in French would be advantageous;
• Commercial mindset;
• Must work independently and be a self-driven, resourceful, results and deadline oriented, and have a high multi-task proficiency;
• Able to work in a fast paced, changing business environment;
• Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Power Point, Word and Excel.
About the Company
MENA Recruit is a boutique Executive Search and Recruitment firm focused on meeting recruitment needs from Business Services through to Partner and General Counsel level within the legal sector. This extends to in-house and private practice in multiple industries covering the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Oman, Kuwait and Egypt along with a select group of tier one international firms in Australia.
With over 20 years’ recruitment experience in London and Dubai, we have developed strong international ties in the UK, USA and APAC and have an extensive local Middle East network to draw from. We are committed to providing a bespoke service to clients and candidates.