Job description / Role
Transguard Group is currently recruiting for a Legal Counsel to be a part of the Legal Division. The successful candidate will be part of an exciting team, responsible for assisting the Senior Director - Legal in providing an internal legal function to Transguard Group LLC and its subsidiaries (“Company”).
This role includes providing legal advice as and when required, on issues such as contract tenders, client and supplier agreements and disputes as well as providing a legal administrative function and ensuring internal compliance with corporate governance.
As Legal Counsel, your responsibilities include the following:
• Reviewing and negotiating contractual documentation and providing legal advice on the same (including the provision of advice with regards to contractual obligations and potential liabilities/exposures, warranties, indemnities, and other terms and conditions of contract
• Raising awareness of potential legal issues arising throughout the Company and ensuring that best practices are adhered to with a view to reducing any legal exposure for the Company
• Ensuring that a good system of corporate governance is in place and that it is adhered to (i.e. with regards to contract approvals procedure, authority matrix and internal policies and procedures)
• Drafting legal and corporate documentation (e.g. contracts, resolutions, legal letters, and notices), as and when required
• Conducting legal research and provide ad-hoc legal advice, as and when required by the Company
• Making recommendations with regards to seeking external legal advice and liaising with external counsel, as and when required
• Supporting the Senior Director - Legal with projects and transactions, as and when required
• Providing a legal administrative function to the Company (either directly or via oversight of the PROs, contract administrator and Investigations Officer) (i.e. maintaining Company trade licenses, Company registers, contracts register etc.)
• Assisting and educating the business units with ad-hoc legal issues, as and when they arise
• Preparing and conducting training to the business units on laws and legal principles and consequences of non-compliance
• Assisting in the corporate set-up of international entities of the Company
• Assisting with implementation of Company’s compliance policies: drafting policy and setting up processes and procedures to ensure compliance
• Keeping up to date with, and understanding, relevant laws and regulations relevant to the Company’s operation
• Supporting and managing others within the legal function.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
• Must possess a Law degree (with honours)
• Legal Practice Course completion
• 3-5 years of experience
• Fluent in English and Arabic
• Excellent legal drafting experience
About the Company
Transguard Workforce Solutions delivers Professional Contract Staffing (also known as Employee Outsourcing) within the UAE.
Our Workforce Solutions include:
• Delivering Sourcing and Recruitment Solutions for Clients in need of identifying Contract or temporary Staff.
• Providing a complete end to end Staffing Solution which includes Visa Sponsorship, HR Management, Employee Welfare & Payroll Services.
• Transitioning Contract Staff from other staffing providers to Transguard while remaining compliant with UAE Labour and Immigration Laws.
Transguard Workforce Solutions currently employ over 2000+ Staff from over 70 different nationalities. Across the Group, we payroll over 70,000 employees monthly.
Al Boom Marine
In-house Legal Counsel
Ignite Search & Selection
Head of Legal
Robinson Faris Jones - Human Resources (RFJ-HR)
Ignite Search & Selection
Legal Counsel - Fluent in Arabic