Job description / Role
To protect the company against legal risk by providing quality legal services and to ensure compliance with law and company policy.
- Manage and advise on contentious and non-contentious legal and regulatory issues related to Mondelez's business in Gulf & Levant (excluding Saudi Arabia & Qatar)
- Provide company secretarial support to [ 4 ] legal entities within the Gulf & Levant business
- Liaise with, support and manage external counsel acting for Mondelez in litigation and/or providing advice
- Keep the business up to date with applicable laws and changes in laws to ensure business's compliance with laws
- Conduct trainings on applicable laws
- Be the Compliance focal point by conducting compliance investigations, preparing reports and conducting compliance trainings
- Effectively participate in achieving the legal Function's objectives in realizing Mondelez's strategic business objectives
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Qualified lawyer with a Bachelors or Masters degree
- Integrity and trust
- Decision quality
- Written communication
- Problem solving
- Minimum 5 to 7 years of proven professional experience in a multinational In house capacity or an International Law firm
- Experience in Corporate & Commercial law preferred
About the Company
Mondelez International, Inc. (NASDAQ: MDLZ) is one of the world's largest snacks companies, with 2015 net revenues of approximately $30 billion.
Our dream is to create delicious moments of joy in everything we do. Nearly 100,000 employees support this dream by manufacturing and marketing delicious food and beverage products for consumers in approximately 165 countries around the world.
We are the world's pre-eminent maker of snacks, with leading market shares in every category in which we compete. Mondelez International holds the No. 1 position globally in Biscuits, Chocolate and Candy as well as the No. 2 position in Gum. (source: Euromonitor)
About 85 percent of our annual revenue is generated in fast-growing snacks categories, and nearly 75 percent of our sales come from outside of North America.