Job description / Role
I have been instructed exclusively by a global company which is headquartered in the US that they are seeking a legal counsel to join this small but growing Dubai legal team. On offer is wide ranging corporate/commercial work, as well as project management and strategic responsibilities
US headquartered company with a decentralised legal team split across three continents. They focus on strategic and operational issues facing businesses and the legal team are a key part of this service. The Dubai legal team is going through a very exciting period of growth at the moment
* One of the main draws of this vacancy is that aside from the corporate and commercial responsibilities, this hire will also ave a key strategic role and will work closely with clients as a consultant. This will mainly involve project management responsibilities for clients.
* On the legal side, this hire will advise on and negotiate a wide range of contracts. There will also be a large transactional element to the role as this hire will be involved in corporate work too.
* You will enjoy a huge amount of responsibility, the Head of Legal is a very laid back individual who allows his team plenty of freedom.
* This is a rare in-house role which will allow you to have a strong business focus to your role aside from the obvious legal aspect.
* You will be servicing the business in strategy and project management, so will be a consultant as well as a lawyer.
* Minimum 5/6 years of experience
* Fluent in Arabic
* Good commercial contracts experience as well as transactional corporate
* Ideally experience of working in a law firm as well as in-house, but will consider either
Candidates who have experience of working with accountancy firms or management consultancy companies would be particularly of interest.
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
In House Counsel