Job description / Role
The Assistant Librarian will serve as the front line for providing customer service to the students and answering their enquiries. Key responsibility is to for provide support services to the students and academic unit as assigned.
- Categorize and classify library materials, including books or other documents.
- Consider rules of Anglo-American Cataloging Rules, Library of Congress subject heading policies, Library of Congress
- Classification, Arabic subject headings, MARC21 and catalog materials in categories of advanced specialized backgrounds.
- Input details about new materials into library information system (Symphony).
- Instruct patrons on how to use reference sources.
- Check-out and check-in books at circulation desks.
- Shelving of library materials .
- Printing researches for students.
Required Education and/or Experience:
- University degree in Library and Information Science
- A minimum of 2 years of related experience
- Work experience in a library setting
- Demonstrated working knowledge of current technology, software, and automated library systems
- Must have background working with Symphony Library Management Software
Key Demographic Requirements - applicants must be:
- Based in UAE
About the Company
JUMEIRA University, a private higher education institute, prepares students for professional careers in Business, Education, Health science, Islamic and Arabic Studies. Our core learning values are founded on Educational Excellence, Equal Learning Opportunities and preserving the traditions of our community. We provide cutting edge technology facilities, option to study in English and Arabic and provide separate teaching and recreational facilities for both male and female students. We offer accredited bachelor programs in Business and Islamic Studies. Our bachelor programs in Health Science, Education and Arabic studies are under accreditation.