Job description / Role
Providing the health, safety and wellbeing of our guests, visitors and colleagues is an integral part of our culture. Whether our guests are swimming or using the fitness centre, the thoughtful attention you provide as a Life Guard will make them feel welcome and valued.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies and the opportunity to earn qualifications while you work
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world
- Ability to make a difference in the local community through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Is responsible for the safety of guests and employees that are inside the designated swimming areas (pool) during the posted business hours.
- Must be certified Life Guard of any of the worlds Life Guard Association and on active status.
- Artificial Resuscitation (mouth-to-mouth)
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Is responsible for the safety set-up at the pool which includes;
- Set up of the life saving floatation devices along the shoreline / around the pool.
- Correct flag (colours) must be put up during business hours
- Rescue Surfboard ready on the shoreline
- First Aid Kit at the pool office
- Posting of business hours
- Depth of the pool(s)
- Water & Air Temperatures
- Wind force / Wind speed
- Is responsible to respond to any emergency within our swimming area / pool area.
- Monitors / observes and controls the windsurfers, sailors and sea bikes while out on the sea. Supervises and organises rescue of windsurfers, sailing boats or sea bikes if needed.
- Is responsible to ensure that all Water Sport Activities / Pool activities are executed accordingly to the RSA Manual safety procedures (Life or Floatation Devises must be worn etc).
- Is responsible that safety rules and regulations are posted at the pool centre.
- Is responsible for a temporary replacement while going to the bathroom and for lunch or breaks etc.
- Maintains appropriate standards of conduct, dress, hygiene, uniform appearance and posture oh himself/herself and all personnel involved in the life saving operations.
- Performs related duties and special projects as assigned by the Recreation Manager or his/her delegate.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Your experience and skills include:
- This service must be sincere, warm and with enthusiasm ensuring that all guests are comfortable in their surroundings and with quality cuisine on their plates.
- He / she should be empathetic to all mood and time restrictions.
- He / she must ensure a smooth operation of his / her service area as governed by contract and deemed by operational requirements.
- One should be creative and confident and be prepared to step outside of the confines of comfort.
- He / she should take the time to get to know the guests and be committed to service excellence.
- Team play is imperative and having the time to invest in self and employee development is mandatory.
- Being entrepreneurial and thinking beyond the boundaries are expected and not requested.
Your team and working environment:
- Dynamic working environment.
- Defined development career path.
- Friendly and supportive team
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion :
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.