Job description / Role
UAE citizens preferred
Our Logistics Admin has primary responsibility for controlling the efficient flow of goods, services and information between point of origin through to customer placement in order to meet customer requirements. You will ensure the execution and continuous improvement of standard logistics processes and build relationships with strategic customers through logistics initiatives. In addition, you will identify problems and all relevant issues in straightforward situations, assess each using standard procedures and makes sound decisions.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Arrange and coordinate freight for outbound and inbound shipments to and from your facility
- Process more complex shipments: cross trained on all product lines, repairs, hand-carriers, material movements, drop-shipments, foreign to foreign shipments and project related shipments and project related shipments
- Communicate daily with various parties, including but not limited to freight forwarders, customers, brokers and relevant regions
- Interact and develop relationships with fright and logistics companies
- Coordinate with freight forwarders and customers to ensure timely delivery of all shipments
- Interface with key departments and personnel to ensure logistics requirements are met while maintaining up-to-date accurate and concise information flow
- Assist as necessary to resolve problems, such as discrepancies in documentation
- Communicate and escalate timely when problems may result in customer dissatisfaction, or outside management guides, performance guides and/or outside range KPI's
- Seek cost-effective shipping options, including both air and ocean carriers
- Provide pricing and delivery information in a timely manner
- Prepare all required documentation related to shipments
- Complete and maintain accurate shipping documentation for records retention
- Ensure COO and HTS information is accurate on all documentation
- Lead forwarder and broker oversight activities are compliant and timely within established KPI's
- Maintain/Generate invoices to ensure proper coding matches CI and produced timely
- Maintain, audit and apply finance coding to Outbound International Vendor Freight Invoices
- Work with spreadsheets and databases by entering data, pulling reports to create and maintain shipment status reports
- Maintain proper HAZ-MAT certification: IATA, IMDG and DOT and recurrent training requirement per each mode of transportation
- Know and understand standard Logistics SOP's and Desk Level work instructions
- Know and understand JDE Green Light Process as well as Outside JDE shipment process
- Review and understand Weatherford Trade Compliance Procedures Manual and all relevant processes
- Know and understand relevant Export tariff classification requirements and Export License determination for Production Optimization products
- Review and understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford.
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
- Some experience of shipping and logistics experience or related experience in manufacturing
- Strong attention to detail, with excellent follow-up.
- Good interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to work well with internal and external customers.
- Efficient written and oral communication skills with the ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to prioritize and complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Well organized, self-motivated, able to exercise independent judgment, and demonstrate good problem solving skills.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills, proficient in MS Office. (Excel, Word, Power Point, and Outlook).
About the Company
Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. The Company operates in over 80 countries and has a network of approximately 700 locations, including manufacturing, service, research and development, and training facilities.
RTC-1 Employment Services
TGC Middle East
Logistics Coordinator (Industrial Projects - 3PL)
Search Heads Middle East
Logistics Support Officer
Big Fish Recruitment