Job description / Role
Through Parsons engineering and construction management services, we deliver innovative, safe and sustainable infrastructure in Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain and Kuwait. Our focus is on delivering air, rail, road and highway transportation; water conveyance and/or wastewater treatment; and land development and public infrastructure to our clients and your communities. Parsons creates interconnected communities and world class infrastructure.
Parsons is the Project Consultant for the construction supervision of a large infrastructure project in UAE. Scope of work includes roads, highway intersections, bridges and other structures, electrical (HV and LV) networks, potable water network, sewerage network, storm water drainage network and other infrastructure.
The Logistics Engineer is responsible for coordinating activities, schedules and resources in support of the construction areas assigned to him/her. The main objectives of Logistics Engineer position is to follow and implement the standard site logistics management procedures, coordinate with different teams to update the project site wide access management plan, and manage the lay down and storage areas within their assigned construction areas.
• Responsible for the implementation of the project site wide logistics plan in their assigned construction areas. Implementation includes but not limited to transport of manpower, transport of equipment materials and equipment leaving/arriving, catering arrangements, and temporary site accommodation.
• Support the Senior Logistics Engineer/Logistics and Interfaces Manager in making transportation arrangement and forwarding services for all client material related orders to ensure material is delivered as per schedule and stored in the designated location.
• Assist in reviewing Contractors’ logistics management plans to ensure they are in line with the requirements of the Project Logistics Management Plan.
• Within their assigned Construction areas, monitor and update the Project Logistics Management Plan and oversee Contractors’ logistical plan for transport of workers and material onsite.
• Support the Construction teams and Contractors to resolve site related logistics issues.
• Perform various logistics task as required and directed by the Logistics & Interfaces Manager.
• 4-year degree in Engineering or related technical field.
• 7 years of related work experience in large-scale projects, with extensive experience in logistic planning and management.
• Familiar with the local roads and transport conditions.
• Incumbent must have a broad general technical and construction background.
• Proven ability to perform in a management capacity, excellent written and oral communications skills, and a thorough knowledge of industry practices and regulations are also required. In addition, must be knowledgeable of current technology and how it can be effectively utilized on the project.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.