Job description / Role
Location: Jebel Ali Terminal, Dubai
• Performing all local transportation and related documentation, including vendor management and verification of invoices for payment.
• Optimize the fleet of leased vehicles, including cargo compatibility and cleaning requirements.
• Manage spot hire as per approved rates.
• Ensure vetting of transport contractors as well as vehicles used.
• Execute the transportation of import containers as per plan, coordinating with Terminal and Sales coordinators.
• Coordinate with Supply Chain to execute the sales as per agreed schedule and business requirements.
• Graduate in any discipline.
• UG / PG / Certification in Logistics will be an added advantage
• 5 years of relevant experience in UAE Road and Container Logistics and related documentation.
• Chemicals experience preferred.
• This role will be fully responsible for performing all local transportation and related documentation, including vendor management and verification for payment.
• He or she will develop and maintain a system to provide the Company with up-to-date visibility of all local transportation.
• He or She will also be responsible to manage the derived demand for local logistics services in coordination with the respective Sales managers.
• He or she will introduce best practice methods and or adjust existing processes accordingly.
About the Company
The year 1995 saw the inception of Petrochem Middle East FZE. We have since transformed the face of the regional petrochemical business and become one of the largest independent chemical distributors in the Middle East.
Petrochem has built one of the most modern, state-of-the-art distribution terminals in Jebel Ali. This facility includes bulk Storage Sea fed tanks, dedicated drum storage facilities, four fully automated drumming lines and a separate dry goods storage area. The terminal adheres to the strictest of health and safety norms and is environment friendly, making sure all operations upkeep the health and safety of its personnel.
We began operating from one office in the Jebel Ali Free Zone, Dubai, but rapid developments and a focused vision have ensured Petrochem’s global expansions. We currently have offices in Dubai, Jebel Ali, Shanghai, Antwerp and London. We also have an office and distribution facilities in Singapore, India and United Arab Emirates.
We are an ISO 9001:2008 company and also have ISO 14001:2004 and OHSAS 18001:2007 accreditations.
KYB Middle East
Middle East Executive
Purchase & Logistics Officer
Assistant Supply Chain Manager (Medical Devices)
Middle East Executive
|Abu Dhabi||30 Nov|
Senior Logistics Coordinator
A Leading Packaging Services Company In The UAE