Job description / Role
We are looking for a Logistics manager that have worked in mining companies to manage the shipment schedules of raw materials such as iron ore, coal, manganese, and alumina. Also, to carry out the operational execution of vessels, set up and follow the supply chain till it reaches customers, coordinate with shipping companies, and implement a sales strategy.
In this exciting and challenging role, you will be responsible for planning of raw materials, freight procurement, budgeting, KPI reports, shipping operations, market analysis, SAP system, and finally safety and quality compliance.
• Responsible for annual planning and scheduling of raw materials (e.g bauxite), using consumption and production forecasts to estimate the quantities and delivery dates
• Lowering freight spend through optimal shipment sizes and routes, leveraging freight differentials, freight contract negotiations
• Allocation of correct shipping contracts
• Report key operational and profitability performance of freight contracts
• Preparing Monthly Cash Flow Forecast
• Manage execution of freight and supply/sales contracts
• Working within load and discharge port constraints; aligning port's terms and conditions with shipping contracts.
• Complete vessel management
• Ensure systems are kept up to date and maintained; identify opportunities for process improvements, make recommendations, implement changes
• Develop and oversee implementation of department policies and procedures which cover all of inbound logistics
• Develop shipping companies profiles; and establish good relationships with reputable and reliable carriers
• Find ways to lower freight costs
• SAP system integration; Migrating all existing functions to SAP - including scheduling and planning, vessel nomination, inventory management, and performance analysis using BI (Business Intelligence) and BA (Business Analytics).
• Minimum 5-10 years relevant experience in supply chain, logistics or dry bulk shipping.
• Preference to candidates with previous aluminium smelting/bauxite refining industry experience.
• Essential: Computer literate and very good understanding and usage of SAP, office, power point presentation skills, e-mail and good communication skills
• Analytical thinking capabilities aligned to problem solving and optimizing multiple outcomes
• Strong negotiating skills.
• Excellent stakeholder relationship building skills
• Ability to understand customers' key drivers
Salary: 53,900 AED with Bonus, healthcare and Education allowance.
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
General Manager - Freight
Middle East Executive