Job description / Role
The Logistics Manager's responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
• Strategically plan and manage logistics, transportation and customer services
• Direct, optimize and coordinate full order cycle
• Liaise and negotiate with forwarders, shipping lines and transporters
• Keep track of quality, quantity, delivery times, transport costs and efficiency
• Monitor and plan routes and process shipments
• Resolve any arising problems or complaints and handle legal claims
• Supervise, coach and train supply chain representatives
• Meet cost, productivity, accuracy and timeliness targets
• Maintain metrics and analyse data to assess performance and implement improvements
• Comply with laws, regulations and ISO requirements
• Proven working experience as a logistics manager for atleast 5 years
• Record of successful distribution and logistics management
• Demonstrable ability to lead and manage staff
• Proficient in standard logistics software
• Excellent analytical, problem solving and organisational skills
• Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects
• Minimum BS Degree
About the Company
The year 1995 saw the inception of Petrochem Middle East FZE. We have since transformed the face of the regional petrochemical business and become one of the largest independent chemical distributors in the Middle East.
Petrochem has built one of the most modern, state-of-the-art distribution terminals in Jebel Ali. This facility includes bulk Storage Sea fed tanks, dedicated drum storage facilities, four fully automated drumming lines and a separate dry goods storage area. The terminal adheres to the strictest of health and safety norms and is environment friendly, making sure all operations upkeep the health and safety of its personnel.
We began operating from one office in the Jebel Ali Free Zone, Dubai, but rapid developments and a focused vision have ensured Petrochem’s global expansions. We currently have offices in Dubai, Jebel Ali, Shanghai, Antwerp and London. We also have an office and distribution facilities in Singapore, India and United Arab Emirates.
We are an ISO 9001:2008 company and also have ISO 14001:2004 and OHSAS 18001:2007 accreditations.