Job description / Role
• Plan, manage and evaluate logistics operations liaising with internal stakeholders, suppliers, logistics providers, transportation companies and customers
• Create and implement best practice logistics principles, policies and processes across the organisation to improve operational and financial performance
• Deliver solutions to logistics problems while maintaining high levels of quality and service within budgetary requirements
• Monitor quality, quantity, delivery times, and transport costs
• Negotiate rates and contracts with transportation and logistics providers
• Recommend optimal transport modes, routes or frequency
• Select carriers/suppliers and monitor service against performance criteria
• Ensure carrier compliance with company policies or procedures for product transit or delivery
• Resolve problems concerning transportation, logistics systems, imports or exports or customer issues
• Review impact of logistics changes, such as routing, shipping modes, product volumes or carriers and report results to others
• Assess and make recommendations for logistics processes in potential new facilities or plants and advise of cost implications and efficiency
• Support continuous improvement initiatives and identify inefficiencies and cost optimisation opportunity.
• Education: University degree (Bachelors / Masters)
• At least 5 years of related work experience in Logistics & Supply chain management
• Fluent English. Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand
• Must be competent in computer skills (word processing, spreadsheets, data base)
• Excellent negotiation skills
• Planning and organizing skills
• Time Management skills
• Stress tolerance
About the Company
Established in Canada in 1992 - STREIT Group is one of the world's leading, privately owned armored vehicles manufacturers with 12 state-of-the-art production facilities and 25 offices worldwide. More than twenty three years of war zone experience made STREIT Group one of the most trusted and reliable suppliers of armored vehicles.
We produce a large variety of Armored Personnel Carriers, Cash-in-Transit, Luxury and Security vehicles which are designed to provide effective protection in high-risk situations. All our vehicles undergo internationally recognized ballistics and impact tests, with STANAG 3 certification for military tactical vehicles and VPAM BRV 2009 VR7 for luxury and special purpose vehicles.
We are a leading supplier of armored vehicles with 100% safety record; our vehicles are deployed by armed forces all over the world. We take no chances when it comes to saving lives.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Assistant Manager - Logistics Operations
Emad Trade House
A Leading Packaging Services Company In The UAE
|Ras Al Khaimah||6 Apr|
Supply Chain Manager
RTC-1 Employment Services