Job description / Role
Faithful+Gould are looking for a Logistics Manager responsible for construction logistics planning for the development including coordinating site traffic management, contractor laydown areas and site accommodation for each plot and managing contractor logistics on live plots.
- Effective delivery of site-wide logistics for a major residential development in Dubai.
- Define and monitor that the scope of services is delivered satisfactorily through setting and monitoring of measurable goals and objectives around the following broad key enablers:
- Orderly, safe and efficiently movement of labour, plant, and materials around site.
- Planning the location of haul roads, laydown, external access and offloading zones to minimise obstruction and impacts to programme.
- Creation of a secure, well maintained site with regular (weekly) logistics meetings.
- Efficient and orderly management of any worker's accommodation.
- Development of processes, procedures and induction programmes.
- Supply chain management, movement plans and lookahead forecasting.
- Ensuring logistics activities are not a constraining factor on the program
- Creating of site-specific safety manual, with appropriate first aid cover and equipment present
- Develop, maintain and update the Site Emergency Plan.
- Ensuring information is communicated effectively around the site.
- Planning for effective signage in line with corporate branding
- Efficient management of any special public access roads - access to show houses/sales pavilions etc.
- Provision of an effective security management system that ensures all the above is achievable.
- Variations and adjustments to Logistics Contractors scope, review the requirements and assess the impacts. Monitor construction change management process via the Engineer.
- The Logistics Contractor's acquisition of all necessary permits for smooth logistics operations.
- Review completeness of established budgets and review cost plans. Ensure that work is re-measured and work is signed off in accordance with the contract.
- The monthly detailed graphical time slice showing plot and infrastructure activities and how logistics will support. Review weekly plans, confirm the activities are accurate and coordinated across stakeholders.
- Review detailed risk register developed by logistics contractor and team coordinated with all site stakeholders, complete with implement mitigation plan.
- Provide coordination across all programme consultants and stakeholders related to logistics works. Provide support to plots in terms of external access and influences that impact plot activities.
- Through regular meetings, highlight issues, concerns and roll out weekly directions to stakeholder's team managers. Seek resolution to any issues with the respective plot, infrastructure or logistics teams or escalate with the proposed mitigation plan.
- Weekly issues through detailed logistics dashboards.
- Submission of checklists of all logistics contractor self-audits (QA, Safety, Environmental, Welfare etc.) review and report on status.
- Professional/lead by example.
- Passion/can do attitude/constructive challenge.
- To hold a proven track record of integrity and ethical behaviours
- Open to change/new ideas
- Share information
- Customer focused
- Arabic speaking an advantage but not essential.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering/Real Estate Development
- CSCS, SMSTS/SSSTS, Recognised safety programme (qualified and up to date), First Aid, Lifting Supervisor Certification, Traffic management, Institutional membership.
- More than 15 years as a strategic and operations executive in a range of dynamic start-up, growth and stable corporate environments. Management of complex, matrixed team environments across multiple cultures.
- Global experience with the cycle of new business creation, investment analysis, portfolio creation and management and industrialised processing.
- Line management P&L experience including cashflow forecasting and management, financial reporting, review and structure of complex financial transactions.
- Fluent in English (read, write and speak).
About the Company
SNC Lavalin’s Faithful+Gould business is one of the world’s leading integrated project and programme management consultancies, with over 2,400 professionals operating worldwide.
Our aim is to protect and maximize our clients’ interests throughout the planning and delivery of projects, ensuring they are delivered on time, on budget. We pride ourselves on collaborating with client teams and developing long-term relationships.
Key services include - Project management, programme management, project controls, commercial management, cost management and expert scheduling and construction planning.
Our industry is going through a digital transformation and we have been investing in and pioneering digital methods to improve all aspects of our service. We have focused our digital transformation around platform modernization and product development and through standardization and automation, we are achieving efficiencies that are directly passed on our clients who benefit from a consistent quality of service as well as the savings.
Active in the Middle East for over 20 years, we have offices in the UAE, Qatar, Oman and Saudi Arabia. We hire and retain only the best people in the industry. Our success is built on recruiting – and then developing – brilliant people from a broad range of professional and cultural backgrounds. It’s precisely this diversity of talent that sets us apart.