Job description / Role
Our client is seeking a Logistics Manager with a minimum of 8 years’ experience working in the logistics/shipping industry. If you have worked for a forwarding/shipper organization, it would be a definite advantage. This role does involve occasional travel to Singapore and Bangladesh, as such we will only accept applications from candidates who have no visa restrictions to these countries. Please respect the criteria requirements and only apply if you meet these as you will not be considered if you do not, this role is not open to candidates who do not currently reside here.
• Vessels/ flights booking management to ensure on time shipments to customers within budget
• Matching shipments’ timing and documents with LCs’ terms and other customers’ requirements
• Effective collaboration with Trade Finance, Procurement and Warehousing to optimise processes
• Arranging, following up and expediting shipments from suppliers
• Verification of suppliers’ shipments’ documents to ensure smooth clearance process in destinations
• Effective collaboration with Suppliers and Procurement team to optimise processes
• Outbound shipment main sources are SG, US, EU, CHN and UAE, main destination is BD
• Inbound shipment main sources are US, EU, CHN, IN, TH and VIE main destinations are BD, SG and UAE
• Forwarders evaluation to ensure optimum performance
• New forwarders onboarding
• Detailed Shipment Lead time reporting
• Detailed budgeted vs actual shipments cost reporting
AED 20,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
• Degree Educated
• Must be used to monthly high volumes of shipments by air and sea minimum 100 per month
• Minimum of 8 years of experience in the logistics/shipping industry
• Strong relationships with shipping lines and freight forwarder are essential along with a credible reputation within the logistics market
• If you have worked for a forwarding/shipper organization, it would be a definite advantage
• May be required to occasionally travel to Singapore or Bangladesh so no nationalities that have visa restrictions to Bangladesh
• Detailed knowledge of international shipping/logistics
• Detailed knowledge of international import, export, and customs regulations
• Familiar with export LC shipments
• Ability to work with remote teams
• Someone who can manage the logistics function without supervision, someone resourceful and solutions orientated when things don’t’ go to plan. The person needs to ‘stand on their own two feet’
• Forwarder/carrier experience is essential
• Must currently reside in the UAE
Please respect the criteria requirements and only apply if you meet these as you will not be considered if you do not. We thank you for your application however due to the high volume of candidate applications, we only accept online applications in the first instance. Successful candidate applications will be contacted, if you are not successful your CV will be stored on our database.
About the Company
Sapphire Recruitment Consultants is an executive search, selection and recruitment agency lead by a management team with over 28 years of experience in the international and local recruitment market. Located in Dubai, we are ideally situated to offer our expertise to the region.
Our focus is to provide professional services that encourage long-term relationships with clients, effectively placing personnel in positions that showcase their skills; and as a result, making a material contribution to the company.