Job description / Role
Mail and Logistics Team Leader
Make a difference every day
The Job Opportunity
Serco is looking to hire a Mail and Logistics Team Leader for its ADIA (Abu Dhabi Investment Authority) contract based in Corniche, Abu Dhabi. The incumbent is responsible for the provision of mail and internal logistics services and deliverables including, but not limited to; the leadership of mailroom operations, internal logistics and portering operations and customer support, maintaining all necessary records, standards, reports and documents as may be required.
- Assist in leading operations in line with the contract deliverables.
- Monitor and meet the Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) as detailed within the contract
- Monitor incoming and outgoing mail during receipt, distribution and dispatch/delivery operations
- Coordinate with the management ensuring that services levels meet their requirements for both core services.
- Coordinate with client personnel at all levels as may be required.
- Coordinate with service providers.
- Issue reports on operations as might be required at agreed intervals and formats.
- Monitor staffing in line with pre-agreed rosters and schedules.
- Monitor and audit mailroom and logistics activities.
- Feedback on questions, requests and complaints providing action or recommendations as may be required.
- Manage all courier processes and resolve all issues as far as possible
- Assist management with regular performance reviews of the team and set, monitor objectives in line with development plans and with Serco core values
- Manage standard operating procedures, monitoring and amending as may be required.
What we are looking for in our candidates:
- Designated fire warden for Mailroom, Car Park Concierge
- Take part in waste management initiatives on including but not limited to waste reduction and recycling programs.
- Good understanding of manual handling techniques.
- Ideally a higher diploma of post-secondary education in mailroom, logistics, warehousing or business administration discipline.
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in mail room, internal logistics or Administrative Functions.
- Experience in Soft FM Services, Facilities Management, Customer Care or Front of House Services is an advantage
- Experience operating in a Facilities Management environment desirable.
Working with Serco
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has important role to play.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Take pride in what you do
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative.
About the Company
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos.
Serco customers are looking for expertise in managing their people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise economic decision makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver quality services directly to the public.
Serco supplies to governments, government enterprise, agencies and companies who seek a trusted outsourcing partner with a solid track-record of service excellence. Serco people offer operational, logistical and technical expertise in the Transport, Justice and Immigration, Defence, Education and Healthcare industries as well as in the commercial sectors of Facilities Management.
Serco Middle East have been in the Region since 1947, starting out delivering Air Traffic Control Services in Bahrain; a service we are proudly still running today and have expanded to include many other Airports in the region.
We have expanded significantly since that time across the UAE, Saudi Arabia and Qatar. We have been supporting the RTA to operate the Dubai Metro since 2009, are preparing to launch the flagship Saudi Arabia Passenger Rail service from Riyadh to Qassim in 2016. We deliver Facility Management services to both Cleveland Clinic and Healthpoint Hospitals in Abu Dhabi, large-scale medical facilities in Saudi Arabia and a range of educational and commercial properties in the UAE. We also deliver postgraduate education to Officers in the Qatar Armed Forces through the Joaan Bin Jassim Joint Command and Staff College in Doha.
Focusing on our core values, and creating a positive environment for employees to thrive, we look forward to a bright future as we continue to grow with the region.