Job description / Role
Our Client, a leading company in the UAE, is looking for a Maintenance Manager to join their team in Dubai.
The main purpose of the role is to lead and manage maintenance resources and activities for the company’s facilities in a manner that is safe, environmentally acceptable, efficient, cost effective and maximizes equipment availability and reliability.
The Key Responsibilities of the role include:-
• Contribute to HSSE performance by ensuring applicable standards, policies, and procedures are known, understood and followed.
• Ensure maintenance staff are trained and competent to follow these measures.
• Implement Operation Excellence System by setting of goals and achieving the desired results. Establish OES responsibilities and set objectives, goals and training for each employee in order to achieve the organizational targets.
• Ensure maintenance procedures, standards and strategy are regularly reviewed, updated and implemented to comply with legislation, industry norms and/or best working practices.
• Lead the implementation of SAP PM processes, ensure all equipment related master data and changes from projects are updated in SAP.
• Ensure the effective forecasting of resources, material planning and availability of procedures for timely, efficiently, cost effective and quality execution of maintenance plans.
• Lead the planning activities related to the improvement/modification and modernization of equipment, facilities, systems and processes within the company, including reviewing of equipment threats and hazards, to enhance asset maintainability, availability, reliability and cost efficiency.
• Participate in various audits and identify areas of concerns and follow-up the resolution to improve plant integrity.
• Review, and amend as required, Standard Operating Procedures to ensure continued applicability.
• Supervise, coach and counsel direct reports for continued individual and department performance improvement and ensure maintenance department employees are fully aware of their responsibilities and performance expectations through Performance Management.
• Prepare and manage annual maintenance budget, ensure that expenditure remains within budget.
• Ensure all assigned responsibilities and accountabilities in Power Steering stage gate process for maintenance projects and other projects are met.
• Lead the interface and guide troubleshooting with OEM for major rotating equipment
• Act as Incident Manager on a rotational basis, as required.
Within this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for various equipment, including the following:
• Rotating equipment: gas turbines, turbo expander-compressors, centrifugal gas compressors and utility systems
• Magnetic bearing systems in integrated high speed motor compressor and turbo expander-compressor application.
• Electrical distribution systems MV including gas insulated switchgears, power generation and transformers
• Large variable speed drive systems and electrical motors
• Static equipment: valves, vessels, heat exchangers, gas coolers, filters, structures.
• Instrumentation: pressure, flow, level, temperature, position, composition measurement, fiscal gas metering, all actuated valves, gas, smoke and fire detection systems, fire suppression systems and CCTV.
• Control Systems: first response for corrective maintenance on all control systems.
• Electrical: LV systems including switchgear, UPS, solar / battery systems, motors, motor controllers, and lighting.
• HVAC: air conditioning, chilled water, and pressurization systems for plant industrial buildings and administration buildings. Industrial freezers and refrigeration.
In order to apply for this role, you must have the following:-
• Bachelors’ Degree in Mechanical / Electrical Degree or equivalent
• Minimum of 12 years’ experience subsequent to completion of training, with minimum of 6 years as a Supervisor within the Gas / Petroleum Industry.
• Conversant with design for Hazardous classified zones.
• Good understanding of gas plant and oilfield facilities, maintenance, operations and automations.
• Good managerial skills in a diverse workforce setting.
• Good communication skills, team builder and ability to interact in a multicultural environment.
• Commercial, Risk and Project management skills and knowledge.
• Negotiation skills and problem solving.
• Experience in coaching and mentoring.
• Change management
• Knowledge of legislative guidelines, tenders and contracts management.
If you have all the skills and experience required please apply now! Please note, due to the high volume of received applications, we are unable to respond to each application on individual basis, therefore only successful candidates will be contacted.
About the Company
Apple Search & Selection offers a very personalised, executive recruitment service. Our fresh and honest approach to ensuring cultural and strategic fit between clients and the candidates we present is tailored to minimising the workload, releasing the pressure of decision making and significantly reducing the recruitment cycle time. We develop our business based on long-term relationships and have an excellent reputation for service delivery.
We are dedicated to providing our customers with an unparalleled level of care, professionalism, confidentiality and integrity and the service that we provide is constantly applauded by our clients and candidates alike, for our quality professional and courteous approach.