Job description / Role
On behalf of our client a UAE based oil and gas operator we are looking to recruit a Maintenance Planner. Reporting to the Planning Supervisor you will be responsible for providing detailed planning for maintenance and small projects.
• Identify all resources requirement for implementation such as manpower, materials, tools, equipment, 3rd party services, as well as all documentation needed for complete work packs. Check for new unplanned work orders in the system.
• In conjunction with the discipline Supervisor or Project Engineer, plan work orders with the manpower, service, and material requirements; raise move orders, release orders or purchase requisitions if needed.
• Once all resources are confirmed, schedule each job in the 28-day plan and the weekly schedule in coordination with area Operations and Maintenance or Project Supervisors.
• Responsible for ensuring all planned, corrective and Safety Critical Elements maintenance are assessed and reviewed prior to scheduling, ensuring valid justification for any deviation from the approved plan.
• Also provide valid justification for any deferment in a timely manner to allow sufficient time for review by the Technical Authority.
• Create Purchase Requisitions for non-stock items and move orders for stock items. This should be done at the time of planning the work order.
• Communicate with the buyers and advise job owners of delivery dates.
• Print job cards and hand over to discipline supervisor.
• Send requests with the necessary details (drawings and sourcing information’s received from the buyers in Main Office) to the Materials Master Data Coordinator to create a new item number. Follow up with the Buyers for procuring both stock and non-stock items.
• Follows the 28 Day Plan.
• Coordinate with Operations and Maintenance Supervisors, and Project Engineers to produce the 7-day schedule.
• Responsible for the weekly planning and scheduling for all disciplines and small Operations projects.
• Participate in the daily planning meetings to review the work packs and Operations acceptance in order to attain good planning compliance.
• Coordinate with other Maintenance Planners / Warehouse for any urgent materials requirement. And participate in Company safety programs.
• The successful candidate must have a 3 year diploma or apprenticeship in either electrical, mechanical or instrument trade.
• 3-5 years experience in an operating oil and gas facility as a Maintenance Technician, Mechanical, instrument or Technical.
• 2-4 years experience working in a maintenance planning role
About the Company
BAC Middle East - the longest established professional recruitment consultancy in the UAE. Established in 1979, we have been at the forefront of the region's recruitment industry for 30 years and were the first firm of our type in the world to achieve ISO9001 certification: a reflection of our constant emphasis on quality and customer satisfaction.
With our well-developed infrastructure and staff strength, we are able to assist you with recruitment needs ranging from junior professionals through to middle and senior management, whatever your industry sector.
BAC's proven regional experience and resources can help ensure that you recruit the best available candidates and enjoy the many advantages of a managed recruitment process.