Job description / Role
The Manager, Digital Service Transformation, Operations will apply process improvement and re-engineering methodologies and principles to conduct process modernization/transformation projects across operations. His responsibilities include: process and data modeling, developing modern business techniques, identifying best practices, generating and assessing performance measurements, and continuous improvement.
- Lead the analyses of operations activity, business processes, and organizational structures using business process reengineering and improvement (BPR/BPI) methods and tools applying state of the art digital technologies such as Artificial Intelligence and Robotics
- Enhancing end-to-end service quality in order to improve customer value and customer experience
- Implementation of Operational Process Improvement initiatives using standard industry models e.g. Lean / Six Sigma across a variety of products and services
- Drive implementation activities using change management approaches, interact with staff and senior leadership to accomplish project objectives
- Work in a team environment and provide business process management expertise and project work streams
- Support the program of organizational change to ensure that Digital Operations within CBD are accessible, efficient and capable of being consistently and accurately measured.
- Communicate Lean and other process improvement methodologies to the organization
- Develop and manage the processes for measuring the efficiency and effectiveness of both services provided internal and external
- Redefining the traditional operational management role from reactive to pro-actively understanding the drivers of under-performance in processes, systems, and people
- Implementing tactical improvement to continuously drive results for clients
- Responsible for identifying process improvement opportunities, redesigning processes (e.g., lean improvements), establishing organization support, and launching projects
- Ensures all applicable regulatory compliance and operational risk standards are met through effective oversight of daily work and systems, to ensure production deliverables and deadlines are met.
- Support the development and implementation of policies and procedures necessary to support Operations processes
- Support the development of service and operating agreements
- Finance, banking, accounting, business or risk management degree or qualification.
- Six Sigma qualification
- Accredited in Lean
- 6 to 8 years' experience across Operations
- Excellent understanding of Banking Products and supporting digital technology solutions gained from hands-on experience in banking based operational and change-related roles
- Experience of implementing continuous improvement processes
- Service Design / Systems Thinking trained would be ideal but not essential
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong stakeholder management skills across business and functional areas
- High emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Project
- Ability to multi-task and work independently as well as part of a team; self-motivated
- A formal project management qualification would be ideal but essential
About the Company
In 1969, when we at Commercial Bank of Dubai started out little did we know that sheer grit and determination would get us where we are today. An Emiri Decree issued by His Highness the Late Sheikh Rashid Bin Saeed Al Maktoum, the founder of modern Dubai, laid the cornerstone of Commercial Bank of Dubai. We started out as a joint venture of Commerzbank, Chase Manhattan Bank and Commercial Bank of Kuwait. A minority stake was held by a few UAE businessmen.
By 1982, little more than a decade later, we evolved into a National Public Shareholding company. A feat complimented by an exponential increase in the capital base and mammoth restructuring of our operations. The feather in the cap came when the Government of Dubai became a key shareholder.
Over the decades, we have transformed ourselves into a progressive and modern banking institution. We are supported by a sturdy financial base and reigned by a strong and stable management. The proof of which lies with our customers who have stood by us over the years.
Head of Business Analysis
Commercial Bank of Dubai (CBD)
Technology Project Manager / Product Manager / BA
IBM Middle East
|Abu Dhabi||17 Aug|
Senior Project Manager
Commercial Bank of Dubai (CBD)
IT Project Manager
Systems Middle East (SME)