Job description / Role
Dubai Parks and Resorts comprises of three theme parks - MOTIONGATE Dubai, BOLLYWOOD PARKS Dubai, and LEGOLAND Dubai and one water park - LEGOLAND Water Park - connected by Riverland Dubai - a retail, dining and entertainment walkway. The destination will also feature the Lapita Hotel, a Polynesian-themed resort catering to families.
Don't just visit - be a part of it! Join a talented and creative team to deliver unforgettable experiences for people from across the globe. Share your expertise, skills and passion with us, and be part of something everyone will be talking about for years to come.
Play Your Part
The position exists to ensure that proper books of accounts will be maintained by the company with appropriate controls, accurate and timely financial statements of the company will be prepared in accordance with applicable companies' laws and International Financial Reporting Standards (lFRS) and meet DFM & SCA requirements.
- Preparation of the financial closing and reporting plan, in accordance with the overall business plan of DPR Group and get the same approved by executive management, audit and risk committee and external auditors;
- Preparation of the monthly, quarterly and annual consolidated financial statements of Dubai Parks & Resorts PJSC (DPR) and subsidiaries of DPR Group.
- Maintain the institution's systems of accounts as per generally accepted accounting principles and report financial information as per IFRS, local laws and regulations as appropriate
- Ensure that the accounting, reporting and financial statements submitted for audit are in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS);
- Coordination and providing all required documents including liaison with other departments to satisfy internal and external audit requirements including queries raised by Diwan Auditors
- Supervise and control general ledger activity by ensuring that the accounting reflects all business activity of the company and appropriately reported to ensure completeness, accuracy, validity & proper disclosure
- Assist in development of detailed procedures to support implementation of approved financial and other related institution policy & procedures to enhance financial controls
- Ensure systems of accounts are set up and functioning efficiently to record financial transactions accurately and reporting reflects all business activity of the company accurately.
- Ensure appropriate controls are exercised over accounting and reporting and, timely improvements by conducting internal reviews and liaising with external and internal auditors
- Ensure that all financial data required for government local regulations and commercial law is captured through the GL through implementation of appropriate systems, accounting structure and control of the General Ledger
- Analyze new accounting and reporting pronouncements/developments and their potential application to DPR Eg: IFRS Revisions
- Supervise implementation of defined policy and procedures for effective financial controls in fixed assets custody, use, recording, periodical physical verification and reconciling with book records.
- Report discrepancy and support follow through for resolution as per approved policy and procedures.
- Ensure completeness, accuracy and documentation of all fixed assets and that depreciation is provided in line with accounting policy.
- Ensure authorization and approval procedures have been adhered to in acquiring fixed assets and that control is maintained over the fixed assets of DPR Group.
- Manage the system to capture and monitor commitments for project expenses and acquisition of assets
- Review and approve financial transactions in accordance with the limits outlined in the approved Delegation of Authority Manual.
- Assist in special tasks assigned by the executive management like review of agreements in relation to finance department involvement, analysis of PP&E, assets, liabilities, revenue, payroll and expenses, review reports and feasibility, advising on specific accounting treatments in accordance with IFRS etc.
Are You a Star?
- Commerce graduate
- CA/CPA or equivalent preferred
- MBA or Masters
- 9 years; 2 years supervisory
- Team supervision
- ERP Financials and Reporting software
- IFRS economic entity consolidations
- MS Excel - intermediate level
- MS Word, MS Powerpoint and MS Outlook - proficient level
- Numerical acumen, good communication skills & needs to be a team player.
The Best Part of The Story
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes; housing allowance, comprehensive medical coverage, life and accident insurance and other generous allowances.
We also care about your career development supported by Learning opportunities for those seeking a long-term future in the Company.
About the Company
Dubai Parks and Resorts offers new heights in experiential entertainment through an inspired concept that brings the best of the east and the west in the entertainment industry. Conceived and developed by Meraas Holding, Dubai Parks and Resorts articulates the Dubai leadership’s vision of positioning the emirate as a compelling global tourist destination.
The first phase of Dubai Parks and Resorts will comprise three theme parks: motiongate™ Dubai, Bollywood Parks™ Dubai, and LEGOLAND® Dubai. The development will also feature Riverland - a grand entrance plaza and Lapita, a family themed hotel. The first phase is scheduled for completion in 2016. Ground work commenced on site in February 2014
Finance Accounts Manager
Irwin & Dow
Irwin & Dow
Assistant Finance Manager
A Government Entity in the Emirate of Ras Al Khaimah
|Ras Al Khaimah||13 Dec|
RTC-1 Employment Services