Job description / Role
About the Job
Empowered to make decisions on all aspects related to Holidays sales and operations, within the framework of responsibilities and boundaries identified with his/her role and in accordance with standard practices and guidelines set by the company. Consults with Head of Product and Business Development on all strategic and non- routine decisions. All duties shall be performed thru proper channel and in compliance with adopted policies and procedures.
- Oversees and manages the set-up of the business unit and its associated processes and enhancement projects including identifying suppliers, developing, implementing, and upgrading a reservation system/operating engine in line with the latest e-commerce trends to sell holidays to B2C & B2B customers.
- Liaises with different stakeholders such as country managers, commercial sales, revenue management and marketing teams to create a long term business plan in line with the agreed commercial goals and objectives; utilizes market surveys, benchmark studies as well as country managers input to develop a competitive product with high profit margin; prepares the annual business unit budget for incorporation to the ABY master budget.
- Leads and directs the creation, marketing, sales, operations and continuous development of all ABY Holidays products and delivers as per agreed timelines while keeping costs minimum ; integrates ABY Holidays into all existing /new ABY Sales channels.
- Establishes/builds on business relationships to maximize Air Arabia market share and become a major force in the UAE outbound/inbound leisure travel segment; ensures revenue/volume targets are met as per adopted standards of quality.
- Manages all air/ground holidays products and rates; identifies new destinations for Holidays services; conducts field trips to evaluate DMCs and suppliers; negotiates contracts terms with DMCs and activity suppliers to create holiday outbound/inbound packages in the corresponding markets (fixed departures, dynamic packaging…).
- Ensures the operations of ABY Holidays and its outstations and implants are run with the highest quality of service to customers and in line with the company’s policies and procedures achieving a 95% error free operation.
- Manages the delivery of technical training and timely support on the usage of Arabia Online Holidays’ extranet to new Suppliers / Partners/DMCs, Agents, and Call center Agents. Monitors the system’s performance, identifies gaps and problems, and recommends improvements in coordination with supplier and IT division.
- Leads, directs, supports and monitors the performance of all ABY Holidays associated staff to ensure that individual performance is optimized; this includes training on systems, operation process, product knowledge, etc.; conducts mystery shopping visits and calls to evaluate the performance of travel consultants and call center agents from both sales and operations aspects.
- Develops the Holidays User Manual including all policies, procedures, terms and conditions as well as matrix of authority related to operating procedures; communicate, explain and train concerned staff on the content of the manual in line with adopted procedures.
- 4+ years of extensive experience in a managerial role in a major international airline/Online Travel Agency/ Travel Company managing online holidays products; experience with low cost airline is a plus.
- Bachelor degree in Commerce/Marketing/Hospitality/Management or equivalent.
- Capable of using technology systems and tools; proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Fluent in English Language.
About the Company
Air Arabia (PJSC), listed on the Dubai Financial Market, is the Middle East and North Africa's first and leading low-cost carrier flying to over 100 destinations across the world. Air Arabia was the first airline to introduce the low-cost carrier concept in the region and is on a mission to serve all Arab countries and beyond, constantly undergoing aggressive route expansion, taking advantage of its ideally located hubs in the United Arab Emirates, Morocco, Egypt and Jordan. Over the past thirteen years, Air Arabia, through continuous market research and customer feedback, provides a range of value added services to millions of passengers who chose to fly with Air Arabia's fleet of A320 aircraft. The airline commenced operations in October 2003 and achieved financial break-even from its very first year of services and has been profitable ever since.