Job description / Role
Join the team of the first LEGOLAND Park in the Middle East and help us create amazing experiences for families from around the world. At LEGOLAND Dubai we rely everyday on our Model Citizens (employees) in meeting our ultimate goal of bringing the LEGO values of creativity, imagination, learning, quality and fun to life and deliver truly memorable experiences to our guests.
With over 40 interactive rides, live shows and attractions you will be able to find a diverse range of career opportunities in one of the most unique and stimulating work environments you could imagine.
Come and work where work is PLAY. At LEGOLAND we make every child a HERO!
Play Your Part
LEGOLAND Dubai & LEGOLAND Dubai waterpark are the UAE's home of the much loved LEGO brick and key destinations at the Middle East's largest integrated theme park resort Dubai Parks & Resorts, owned by DXB Entertainments and operated by Merlin Entertainments.
The role of Manager Learning and Development is to support the overall business strategy and help the business grow through it employees and Learning & Development initiatives. Furthermore, the role is to develop and enhance the business's talent and evolve LEGOLAND Dubai's future leaders.
What will you do?
- Plan departmental/functional training budgets, forecast costs and delegate numbers as required by park planning and budgeting systems.
- Assess relevant training needs for staff - individuals and organization, in consultation with departmental heads, including assessment methods
- Plan, administer and coordinate assessment center required for recruitment.
- Stay informed as to relevant skill and qualifications levels required by staff for effective performance, and circulate requirements and relevant information to the organization as appropriate.
- Produce organizational strategy and plans to meet training and development needs, and manage training delivery, measurement and follow-up as necessary.
- Design training courses and programs necessary to meet training needs, or manage this activity via external providers.
- Identify, select and manage external training and accreditation bodies, agencies and providers necessary to deliver required training to appropriate standards.
- Organize training venues, logistics, transport, accommodation as required, to achieve efficient training attendance and delivery.
- Plan and deliver training courses personally where necessary to compliment that provided externally or internally by others.
- Arrange for the maintenance of all necessary equipment and materials relating to the effective delivery and measurement of training.
- Recruit, manage and develop direct-reporting staff (if applicable).
- Ensure all training activities and materials meet with Merlin, LLP, LLDubai and statutory policies, including health and safety, employment and equality laws.
- Monitor and report on activities, costs, performance, etc., as required.
- Responsible to manage the overall Employee Relations/Engagement in LEGOLAND Dubai.
- Develop self, and maintain knowledge in relevant field at all times.
Are You a Star?
In order to be qualified for this role you should possess the below criteria:
- Master's degree in training and development, human resources management, organizational development, or business administration.
- At least 5 years of experience in Learning and Development
- Thrives in a fast paced, results-oriented environment requiring a high degree of flexibility whilst retaining business disciplines.
- Verbally articulate.
- Previous experience of managing training in multiple countries.
- Previous hospitality industry experience.
- Previous experience of managing a team and working alongside multiple departments.
- Experience of managing and implementing innovative projects.
- Previous experience in managing a target-driven sales teams.
- Knowledge of Microsoft packages: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Email.
- Numerically and grammatically accurate.
- Understanding of learning needs analysis.
- Creation of training programs.
If you are passionate, flexible and fun and of course love our product you will fit right in
The Best Part of The Story
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes; comprehensive medical coverage, life and accident insurance and other generous allowances.
We also care about your career development supported by Learning opportunities for those seeking a long-term future in the Company.
About the Company
Dubai Parks and Resorts offers new heights in experiential entertainment through an inspired concept that brings the best of the east and the west in the entertainment industry. Conceived and developed by Meraas Holding, Dubai Parks and Resorts articulates the Dubai leadership’s vision of positioning the emirate as a compelling global tourist destination.
The first phase of Dubai Parks and Resorts will comprise three theme parks: motiongate™ Dubai, Bollywood Parks™ Dubai, and LEGOLAND® Dubai. The development will also feature Riverland - a grand entrance plaza and Lapita, a family themed hotel. The first phase is scheduled for completion in 2016. Ground work commenced on site in February 2014
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Senior HR Business Partner
Middle East Executive
Assistant Learning Manager
Learning and Development Manager
|Abu Dhabi||8 Jun|
Human Resources Manager (Large Conglomerate)
HR Source Consulting
|Abu Dhabi||24 May|