Job description / Role
NTS Group are exclusively working with a leading FMCG company based in Dubai, recruiting for a Manager NPD External Solutions.
The Manager NPD – External Solutions will lead the development of new products leveraging external co-manufacturing partnerships from concept to commercialization of base innovation, renovation, cost optimization and quality initiatives. The individual will work with supervision to design and execute identified projects. The individual must possess a strong knowledge of technical principles, product commercialization processes and be able to apply that knowledge towards designing new products or reformulating existing products. The candidate must be able to interact effectively with different stakeholders within the commercial team, the technical community and co-manufacturers to develop relevant and timely products.
• Work with Innovation, Technical and Marketing teams to identify and define product concepts. To translate into specific projects with detailed objectives and timelines.
• Leverage vendor capabilities, where appropriate, to expand formulation possibilities, research new ingredients, product technologies and/or increase speed to market. Work with vendors to research new ingredients, product technologies, and/or processes to develop unique and innovative products.
• Working closely with the Sr Innovation Manager, develop prototypes to support concept and ideation exploratory work. Reformulate based upon consumer direction.
• Formulate products for scale-up. Conduct trials in the Pilot plant or manufacturing facilities to assess manufacturing capability and consumer acceptability.
• Interface product design with various nutritional guidelines, and cost constraints.
• General knowledge of ingredients and food systems.
• Work with Process Development and Supply Chain to identify internal or external manufacture needs
• Demonstrate flexibility and agility to react rapidly to change in project scope.
• Ability to work with support groups and functions effectively in a team environment.
• Continue developing awareness of industry developments and pursue ingredient, product, or technology advances for application to new and innovative product initiatives.
• Adapting quickly to changes in product scope as new information/ data is obtained from consumer testing. The individual must be able to deal with ambiguity, adapt to change and persevere. It also requires the ability to identify critical path items and risks, and effectively communicate these to both the business team and management.
• This individual must be able to: 1) work closely with Purchasing on ingredient supply & costing, 2) work closely with Marketing, Innovation, Engineering and Operations to identify, define and commission new ingredient handling and/or blending equipment, and 3) leverage internal and external expertise in resolving technical challenges.
• Projects include working with external co-manufacturers and co-packers, which will require effective communication skills and the ability to quickly adapt formulas to their equipment/systems.
• Utilizes regulatory and nutritional guidance provided to the organization for all product development activities.
• High initiative and determination to drive results
• Being fast-thinker and able to solve issues swiftly
• Confident in decision making and calculated risk taking
• High willingness to drive change & innovation
• Capability to work in a high speed, lean Organization with entrepreneurial mindset
• Sharp influencing skills and capability to build consensus at different organizational levels
• Experience managing complex processes with colleagues across tenures and roles
• Bachelor of Science OR Masters degree in Food Science or related field, with a minimum of 3-5 years of demonstrated experience in developing new products across various food categories (Chilled, Ambient, beverage) leveraging external co-manufacturing set ups.
• Knowledge of consumer testing methodologies.
• Knowledge of experimental design.
• Ability to work with ambiguity and seek creative solutions
• Highly effective team player, willing to contribute in a wide variety of areas.
• Strong planning and organizing skills.
• Fluent in English
About the Company
NTS Group is a leading specialist recruitment firm and experts at recruiting skilled, qualified and professional people in the Middle East.
Our promise is simple. To provide our clients and candidates an expert, professional and bespoke service whilst maintaining the highest levels of integrity and honesty.
NTS Group specialise within contingency, retained and search based recruitment campaigns across the following sectors;
Finance & Accountancy Professional Office Support Sales & Marketing Operations
To our clients, we understand people are your biggest asset and the future of your business. This is why we focus on understanding not only your technical requirements, but your culture, values and vision in order to find the right people for your business first time.
To our candidates, we believe in honesty, integrity and supporting you throughout the entire process. We listen to what you want and proactively go to market to assist you in finding your dream job.