Job description / Role
Join the team of the first LEGOLAND Park in the Middle East and help us create amazing experiences for families from around the world. At LEGOLAND Dubai we rely everyday on our Model Citizens (employees) in meeting our ultimate goal of bringing the LEGO values of creativity, imagination, learning, quality and fun to life and deliver truly memorable experiences to our guests. With over 40 interactive rides, live shows and attractions you will be able to find a diverse range of career opportunities in one of the most unique and stimulating work environments you could imagine. Come and work where work is PLAY. At LEGOLAND we make every child a HERO!
Play Your Part
The PR & Social Media Manager is responsible for the development and delivery of the LEGOLAND Dubai Public Relations & Social Media Strategy. Drive local, regional and international press coverage for the park, water park and the upcoming hotel. Manage and optimize social media sites and produce comprehensive social media campaigns. Strong collaboration with internal departments and external agencies.
- Work with Sales and Marketing Director to develop and execute the PR & Social Media Strategy, generating positive publicity for LEGOLAND Dubai Resort through a maximum number of communication channels including TV, radio, print and online both locally, regionally and in selected international markets.
- Delivery of the in-house press office function, including day to day management of the PR & Marketing Coordinator.
- Management of external PR agency
- Develop Crisis management communication plan and keep up to date
- Develop in-park event calendar to drive media coverage in close collaboration with Head of Marketing
- Establish and maintain the voice for all social media initiatives and maintain an active an engaging brand presence; posts multimedia content, and facilitate dialogue across multiple social media platforms
- Create engaging content for all social media channels and LEGOLAND Dubai blog
- Ensure strong liaison and collaboration with Merlin Entertainments Group corporate communication's team and Dubai Parks Destination Management team
- Work closely with the Head of Marketing and Head of Sales and Dubai Parks Destination Management team to ensure close alignment on all Sales and Marketing activities.
- Work closely with Operations (Guest Services) on communication to consumers via mail, social media or direct guest contact
- Manage VIP and celebrity park visits
- Ensure PR team supports internal communication including
Health & Safety
Managers/Supervisors are responsible for all aspects of Health, Safety & Security within their department, in line with the Group Policy (HS001). In particular, they must ensure that risk assessments have been carried out, that safe working procedures are in place for all work activities and that all employees under their management are aware of the Group Health, Safety and Security Policy and their obligations under it. They must ensure that safe working practices are monitored, and that risk assessments and procedures are reviewed regularly. Where incidents do occur, they must ensure that they are investigated appropriately and that where necessary, corrective action is taken to ensure that such incidents are not repeated.
Are You a Star?
In order to be qualified for this role you should possess the below criteria:
- Bachelor's degree in media studies, communication or similar
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a similar role, ideally in a theme park or in the leisure, entertainment or hospitality industry or PR agency
- Good understanding of local media landscape, experience with media in UK & Russia, India or China is a plus
- Good network with local media
- Excellent project management skill
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams
- Fluent in English, Arabic skills are a plus.
The Best Part of The Story
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes; housing allowance, annual flight allowance, comprehensive medical coverage, life and accident insurance and other generous allowances.
We also care about your career development supported by Learning opportunities for those seeking a long-term future in the Company.
About the Company
Dubai Parks and Resorts offers new heights in experiential entertainment through an inspired concept that brings the best of the east and the west in the entertainment industry. Conceived and developed by Meraas Holding, Dubai Parks and Resorts articulates the Dubai leadership’s vision of positioning the emirate as a compelling global tourist destination.
The first phase of Dubai Parks and Resorts will comprise three theme parks: motiongate™ Dubai, Bollywood Parks™ Dubai, and LEGOLAND® Dubai. The development will also feature Riverland - a grand entrance plaza and Lapita, a family themed hotel. The first phase is scheduled for completion in 2016. Ground work commenced on site in February 2014