Job description / Role
During your tenure as a Quality & Risk Management Lawyer you will demonstrate and develop your capabilities in the following areas:
- Supporting the QRM team and working with the Financial Advisory business on contractual and commercial negotiations, as well as supporting practitioners on engagement risk management. The role will also involve supporting the business on jurisdictional legislation across the Middle East (including Free Zones), and leading ad hoc QRM projects, including delivering training.
- The ability to deliver high-quality, business-focused solutions in a challenging, dynamic and demanding marketplace - the candidate is expected to be a business advisor and to partner with the business, and to do this are expected to assess and understand how business risks can be managed and mitigated.
- Reviewing and negotiating engagement contracts across Financial Advisory, including Master Service Agreements and Framework Agreements (both Deloitte terms and client imposed terms) including direct discussions with clients and their legal advisers.
- Review of NDAs, hold harmless letters, Deloitte inter-firm agreements, sub-contractor agreements and teaming agreements.
- Review of supplier/vendor contracts to support the Financial Advisory procurement requirements.
- Respond to legal, jurisdictional and regulatory changes, reviewing existing and developing new policies and procedures.
- Answering ad-hoc risk and legal queries from all business units across Financial Advisory.
- Developing practical commercial solutions for Deloitte's business and client service teams - enabling them to provide excellent client service while managing Deloitte's risk.
- Supporting the QRM team in its advice to Deloitte's senior management (including the Financial Advisory Business Risk Leader (BRL)) and practitioners on general legal and risk management issues, based on an understanding and appreciation of the key business risks that need to be managed and escalated to the BRL or the Financial Advisory Managing Partner.
- Manage legal policy changes (including changes to Financial Advisory standard terms and conditions as and when necessary), providing guidance and training to the Financial Advisory team as appropriate.
- Work within an environment where requirements change frequently and therefore this role is also likely to change and expand with time.
- Acts as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognizing others for the impact they make
- Develops high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- Delivers exceptional client service; maximizes results and drives high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- Influences clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- Understands key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns people to objectives and sets priorities and direction
- A qualified lawyer (4+ years PQE) with experience in negotiating commercial contracts, ideally in a professional services organisation or a risk/compliance/regulatory environment.
- Experience of international and Middle East jurisdictional laws (including data protection laws) would be a distinct advantage.
- Proficiency at written, as well as spoken, Arabic is essential.
- Excellent IT, written and oral communication skills,particularly at delivering training.
- Ability to manage a demanding work load effectively and to be responsive.
- Experience of dealing with and managing senior management and multiple stakeholders.
- Strong time management skills.
- Excellent attention to detail with a commitment to finishing tasks to the highest standards.
- Experience of people management and development.
- Risk spotting ability - the candidate must be able to quickly assess the risk areas and recommend ways of mitigating or managing them.
- Analytical skills - should be able to use judgment,analyse facts and draw logical conclusions.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills -should be able to draft high-quality documents.
Deloitte in the UAE is part of Deloitte & Touche (M.E.). Deloitte & Touche (M.E.) is a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited (DTTL).
About the Company
Deloitte is the world's largest and leading professional services firm, providing audit & assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory and tax and services to public and private clients spanning multiple industries, whether they are in the energy, communications, oil and gas, financial services, family businesses, healthcare, public or education sectors among others.
With a globally connected network of member firms in more than 150 countries and territories, Deloitte brings world-class capabilities and high-quality service to clients, delivering the insights they need to address their most complex business challenges. Deloitte's more than 250,000 professionals are committed to becoming the standard of excellence.
Deloitte & Touche (M.E.) is a member firm of Deloitte globally and is the first Arab professional services firm established in the Middle East region Deloitte & Touche (M.E.) is a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited (DTTL) and is a leading professional services firm established in the Middle East region with uninterrupted presence since 1926 with 26 offices in 15 countries to date. What distinguishes Deloitte member firms in the Middle East is the global and regional expertise and know-how offered through specialized and highly knowledgeable talent. Deloitte aims to offer the best services to its clients through a team with more than 3,300 partners, directors and staff in the Middle East which guarantees effective communication with clients and a deeper understanding of their needs. It is a Tier 1 Tax advisor in the GCC region since 2010 (according to the International Tax Review World Tax Rankings). It has also received numerous awards in the last few years which include best employer in the Middle East, best consulting firm, the Middle East Training & Development Excellence Award by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW), as well as the best CSR integrated organization.
Deloitte drives progress. Our practices around the Middle East support clients become leaders wherever they choose to compete. We invest in outstanding people of diverse talents and backgrounds and empower them to achieve more than they could elsewhere. Our work combines advice with action and integrity. We believe that when our clients and society are stronger, so are we.
Deloitte makes an impact that matters. Every day we challenge ourselves to do what matters most-for clients, for our people, and for society. We serve clients distinctively, bringing innovative insights, solving complex challenges and unlocking sustainable growth. We inspire our talented professionals to deliver outstanding value to clients, providing an exceptional career experience and an inclusive and collaborative culture. We contribute to society, building confidence and trust in the markets, upholding the integrity of organizations and supporting our communities.
Our shared values guide the way we behave to make a positive, enduring impact:
- Outstanding value to markets and clients
- Commitment to each other
- Strength from cultural diversity