Job description / Role
The International Tax and Transaction Services (ITTS) practice is comprised of three competencies focused on advising corporate and private equity clients on all aspects of their capital agenda - Transaction Tax Advisory, International Corporate Tax Advisory and Transfer Pricing. ITTS is unique in that it is a joint venture between the Transaction Advisory Services and Tax service lines allowing ITTS to maximize market opportunities as well as the growth and development of ITTS professionals. The transactions market is a major part of EY's market strategy and a huge opportunity for the business and EY professionals.
The Transaction Tax Advisory ("TTA") competency is comprised of teams focused on the tax aspects of the client's capital agenda. We have dedicated professionals focused on buy-side due diligence, structuring, and cash tax modelling; sell-side tax assistance, structuring, and cash tax modelling; internal restructuring; capital structure and refinancing; distressed debt and bankruptcy; and tax attribute calculations and monetization strategies. The International Corporate Tax Advisory competency ("ICTA") is responsible for advising clients on international tax operations, including cross-border controversy, international policy advisory, international tax quantitative services, internal restructuring and refinancing. The Transfer Pricing (TP) competency addresses planning, documentation and controversy issues associated with all types of intercompany transactions, assisting companies with supply chain matters, with a particular focus on intangible property, and helping companies accurately reflect and monitor their transfer pricing in their financial systems. With this many service offerings, you will have the opportunity to participate in cross competency trainings to help develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning.
Constantly changing regulatory environments have led to rapid growth in the area of transfer pricing. EY is a leader in synthesizing global developments and advising our clients. You'll see that reflected in your career, as you'll be working with prestigious global clients at the leading front of economic analysis. Whether you've built your skills in another global organization, you're approaching this from an industry perspective, or you've recently completed a B.A., master's or PhD and are interested in applying your analytical skills, you could really shine here.
Your key responsibilities
You'll be heavily involved at all stages of the project life cycle, making this a high-profile opportunity to take on a wide range of responsibilities and diversify your skills and experience. It's all about translating information from a variety of sources into quantitative and qualitative analyses to inform and advise our clients. That will include building relationships with clients in a spectrum of industries and getting to know their unique needs and aspirations to provide tailored global services. It will also mean demonstrating your leadership by supervising multiple transfer pricing engagements and contributing to the delivery of quality tax planning services for our diverse clients.
Skills and attributes for success
- Applying complex transfer pricing concepts and economic/financial knowledge to resolve client challenges
- Providing a fully integrated approach to transfer pricing by preparing documents and assisting in defending transfer pricing in audits supplying innovative transfer pricing and economic ideas, alongside responsive services and work products
- Modelling financial outcomes, valuing intangible assets and developing practical planning approaches
- Coordinating work with other client service colleagues globally to drive collaboration
To qualify for the role, you must have
- A bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Management, Policy Analysis or another relevant discipline and around 5 years of related work experience
- A master's, law degree, CPA, Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), American Society of Appraiser's Business Valuation Certification or Certified Management Accountant (CMA)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to work at a fast-pace, often with shifting responsibilities
Ideally, you'll also have
- A PhD in a relevant discipline
- A consistent record of excellence in a professional services environment
- Existing transfer pricing experience
What we look for
We're interested in experienced tax professionals with a collaborative, client-focused approach to work. You'll need strong communication skills, and the ability to effectively prioritize when working with multiple clients and engagement teams. If you're a naturally curious problem solver with confidence to get involved and support colleagues and clients across the business, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, both pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of 15 days of vacation plus ten observed holidays and three paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Build your legacy with us. Apply today.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transactions and advisory services. Our 167,000 people are united by our shared values, which inspire our people worldwide and guide them to do the right thing, and our commitment to quality, which is embedded in who we are and everything we do.
EY is committed to doing its part in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.