Job description / Role
Faithful+Gould are currently looking for an experienced Managing Quantity Surveyor to lead a small team on a major airport programme based in Abu Dhabi, but working across the emirates. The candidate will work alongside other professional teams and will lead our cost and commercial team for the project with the support of our corporate team.
- Hands on leadership of a specialist team with responsibility for:
- Pre and Post contract team leader
- Managing a team of between 2 - 5 QS staff for project specific deliverables/ duties for delivery of multiple aviation programmes.
- Act as a single point of commercial contact between Client and their Design teams.
- Manage team resources to ensure timely completion of deliverables
- Cost Planning and estimating (CESSM, POMI and NRM)
- Advising on procurement strategies
- Value Engineering, cash flow forecasts, Whole Life Costing, risk management
- Bills of Quantities production (CESSM, POMI and NRM)
- Tender services including compilation, tender analysis, negotiations and recommendations.
- Contract documents compilation.
- Commercial management of contract (Traditionally based upon FIDIC Red Book / Yellow book-based forms)
- Contract administration (contractual and commercial correspondences, claims, prolongation costs etc.), management of bonds, insurances and guarantee logs
- Interim valuations and payment certificates, variations analysis, recommendations and management
- Performing risk and value management and cost control functions
- Undertaking costs analysis project work
- identifying, analysing and developing responses to commercial risks, compilation of detailed progress/ cost reports
- Weekly and monthly reporting to client representative on all commercial issues
- Heading commercial meetings,
- Understanding the implications of health and safety regulations
SNC Lavalin's Faithful+Gould business is one of the world's leading integrated project and programme management consultancies, with over 2,400 professionals operating worldwide.
Our aim is to protect and maximize our clients' interests throughout the planning and delivery of projects, ensuring they are delivered on time, on budget. We pride ourselves on collaborating with client teams and developing long-term relationships.
Key services include - Project management, programme management, project controls, commercial management, cost management and expert scheduling and construction planning.
Our industry is going through a digital transformation and we have been investing in and pioneering digital methods to improve all aspects of our service. We have focused our digital transformation around platform modernization and product development and through standardization and automation, we are achieving efficiencies that are directly passed on our clients who benefit from a consistent quality of service as well as the savings.
Active in the Middle East for over 20 years, we have offices in the UAE, Qatar, Oman and Saudi Arabia. We hire and retain only the best people in the industry. Our success is built on recruiting - and then developing - brilliant people from a broad range of professional and cultural backgrounds. It's precisely this diversity of talent that sets us apart.
- The Managing Quantity shall have a minimum of 10 years' experience in the Middle East / North Africa and a minimum of 5 years' experience within the UAE
- Candidates should have at least 5 years' experience on airport programs including terminal developments with at least one program > AED 0.5 Billion
- Some experience working for a general contractor in a hard bid environment within the
- region and/or internationally preferred
- Able to work on own or managing a team for project deliverables as project dictates
- Degree in Quantity Surveying from recognised university
- Chartered - MRICS as minimum
- Must have previous experience of FIDIC Red Book Contracts
- Knowledge in the use of QS software Cost X, CATO or similar is required
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills with proven English language technical writing ability and skills.
Rewards and Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes :
- A competitive salary
- Accommodation allowance
- Transportation allowance
- 22 calendar days annual leave
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Assistance Programme - 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).