Job description / Role
Company: Nestle Middle East
To support the development of contract manufacturing strategy across MENA whilst continually reviewing existing practices to ensure compliance with Nestle standards and seek improvements in manufacturing performance, product quality, cost and renovation of existing products. Also, to execute the contract manufacturing strategy in the assigned countries under responsibilities in accordance with Business requirements, whilst ensuring full compliance with Nestle Corporate Standards and Guidelines.
A day in the life of
- MENA Manufacturing Strategy and Business Partnering:
- Support development and deployment of In-house and Co-Man strategy across categories in partnership with the Business Units.
- Coordinate Co-Man development activities in Innovation & Renovation projects in coordination with country Co-Man team and I2L project leads.
- Ensures that mid and long-term capacity plans are reviewed based on latest demand planning with Demand and Supply Planning and CoMan.
- Coordinate capacity increase projects and line upgrade/modifications with engineering support, execution will be done by the country Co-Man team responsible for the CoMan site.
- Support MENA CoMan governance routines for routine operations) CoMan performance measures as per agreed KPI's.
- Identify opportunities for improvements related to Cost & Service in coordinate with the country Co-Man team.
- Orchestrate the annual business reviews for each Co-Man with the respective BU's.
- Support competency development of Co-Man team on product and process mastership e.g. confectionery, dairy, etc in coordination with our own factories.
- Contract Manufacturing Deployment in GCC
- Make vs Buy Analysis: Leads and ensures that the right resources are gathered for a Make-or-Buy Analysis.
- Sourcing Management: Identification and validation of potential contract manufacturers (new or existing) for a product.
- Contract Management: Ensures establishment of non-disclosure and confidentiality Agreement, Letter of Intent and Complete Contract Manufacturing Agreement.
- Operations Management: Leads regular meetings with local Co-manufacturers in GCC to assess performances as per the agreed scorecard (quality, cost and service).
- Exit/Exception Management: Ensures that the protocols agreed in the Contract Manufacturing agreement for the exit management are effectively followed. Manages all the phases of exiting the contract, while ensuring the required service, quality and cost.
What will make you successful
- Bachelor's Degree holder
- Strong leadership agility and ability to manage and engage with high level stakeholders from 3rd party organizations as well as internal management.
- Manufacturing experience with sound knowledge of production process of different product categories.
- Highly motivated, autonomous and able to integrate different working cultures in a diverse working environment.
- English language is must, and Arabic will make you more successful,
- Experience in successful deployment of new products or startup,
- Basic knowledge of Quality, Safety, Health and Environment.
- Good financial acumen including awareness on product costing structure.
- Sourcing management experience and good industry awareness.
About the Company
Nestle with headquarters in Vevey, Switzerland was founded in 1866 by Henri Nestle and is today the world's biggest food and beverage company. Sales for 2006 were CHF 98.5 bn, with a net profit of CHF 9 bn. We employ around 265,000 people and have factories or operations in almost every country in the world.
The Company's strategy is guided by several fundamental principles. Nestle's existing products grow through innovation and renovation while maintaining a balance in geographic activities and product lines. Long-term potential is never sacrificed for short-term performance. The Company's priority is to bring the best and most relevant products to people, wherever they are, whatever their needs, throughout their lives.