Job description / Role
We are WSP - Join us and make your career future ready!
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you'll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
WSP seeks a mid level Marine Engineer & Port Planner who will be a part of the maritime team and will be involved with marine projects that range from due diligence stages to concept level, to detailed design and to project delivery.
Your new role, what's involved?
* Delivering engineering consultancy services in the fields of port planning and concept design of port infrastructure.
* Providing leadership and project/package management for areas of port planning services.
* Assist in preparing proposals and delivering presentations for our services.
* Communication with clients and other team members and coordinate services across multiple technical disciplines.
* Apply skill and care in all services and take ownership of individual packages.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* 4-8 years demonstrable experience in planning and design of maritime infrastructure such as container terminals, bulk terminals, general cargo facilities, quay walls, dredging, jetties, dolphins, Ro Ro facilities, marinas, coastal structures, onshore port infrastructure.
* Good knowledge of all the relevant Eurocodes, British standards, PIANC and other guidelines applicable to maritime infrastructure
* Knowledge of construction techniques and buildability of maritime structures
* Eagerness to continuously learn and develop
* Good organizational and interpersonal skills
* Good written and verbal skills, ability to produce high quality reports
* Member of/working towards a Professional body membership will be preferred
* History of working with an international engineering consultancy
* Familiar with working in multidisciplinary teams involving, architects, M&E engineers, planners, geotechnical engineers and quantity surveyors
* Effective and clear communicator
* Ability to undertake tasks with limited supervision
* B.Tech/ B.E./B.Sc. in Civil Engineering
* M.Tech/M.E/M.Sc. in Civil or Structural or Coastal Engineering
What's in it for you?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP - we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important - be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
Apply now and be the future of WSP!
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, generous annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.