Job description / Role
A boutique consulting firm specialized in transport, logistics, and infrastructure is looking for Senior Consultant-Maritime Practice who will be based in the Dubai office and travel around the GCC region and globally upon project requirements. The Maritime Practice has a broad portfolio of services which covers, among others, national marine transportation strategy, regulatory frameworks, organizational delinking, marine port master planning, business planning, feasibility analysis, PPP structuring, operational improvements, safety management, etc. From the Dubai office, they offer services to clients in the Middle East, East Africa, and CIS countries. Over the last five years, we have worked in Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Oman, UAE, Egypt, Jordan, Kenya, Madagascar and Mozambique, Russia, Georgia, Azerbaijan, and Kazakhstan.
Description of the position
Reporting to the head of the maritime practice in Middle East, the Senior Consultant will be responsible for:
• Leading the technical execution of consulting assignments (full projects or parts of them), ranging from strategy definition to operational improvements
• Being accountable of the elaboration and delivery of complex analysis and research work
• Guiding junior staff in the understanding of market trends and in the usage of consulting tools
• Being a valid representative of the team in front of external stakeholders and certain profiles within the client organization
• Maintaining client relationship on behalf of the project manager (deputizing)
• Leveraging on the company expertise globally to build up the local capabilities of the maritime transport team in Middle East
• Introducing new working methodologies and acquiring new technical knowledge to improve the delivery performance of the team
• Contributing to the overall development of the organization, participating in global event of the maritime transport team, receiving and delivering training, etc.
• Master’s Degree from a top-tier university program preferably in Aeronautical, Industrial or Civil Engineering
• 4 to 8 years of relevant experience
• Work experience in the maritime transport sector:
• Port terminals, port operators, ground handling companies, ANSP or other stakeholders in functions related to strategy, commercial development, corporate planning and/or operational management)
• Work experience in management consulting:
- Corporate strategy definition and business planning
- Functional strategies and plans
- Investment planning and project finance
- Market analysis and demand forecast
- Organizational transformations and change management
- Operational enhancement initiatives
• High level of self-reliance and work capacity
• Enthusiasm for the maritime transport sector
• Proactive, team player and well-developed communication skills
• Proficiency in English.
• Availability to travel extensively.
About the Company
New Sourcing International (NSI) / Bluefin Talent have partnered so to offer a specialized recruitment solution within the Consulting and Financial services domains.
Working together as a specialist search and selection agency, we concentrate on blue chip financial services and strategy / technology consulting organizations across Europe and the Middle East; focusing exclusively on Financial Services, IT and Risk. Being niche allows us to offer a premium search service, tailored to overcome the technically challenging nature of recruitment for the specialist functions that we work.
We are dedicated to representing best of breed candidates in the region in our dedicated fields of employment. As such we are a leading outfit for placing ex-pats and internationally educated students in the region.
Our biggest unique selling point, is that we are steered by a dedicated team of ex-financial services and industry professionals. This allows us to offer a level of candidate pre-screening for roles, which is largely anomalous to the recruitment profession. Our ability to bridge the technical knowledge gap typical recruiters encounter, coupled with a thorough delivery process allows us to drive consistently superior results for our clients sourcing requirements. Designed to provide a fast and efficient turnaround, we minimize the use of internal resources our clients spend vetting inadequate profiles, allowing them to quickly get back to focusing on their strategic goals.
Our strength lies not only in the specialist nature of our firm, but also in the commitment we show towards our clients and candidates. We endeavour to build long-term relationships and recognise the crucial nature of communication throughout the recruitment process. Excellence, integrity, respect and transparency are cornerstone to the culture we promote.