Job description / Role
Our client, a large pharmaceutical company, is currently looking for a Market Research & Multi-Channel Marketing Senior Manager to be based in the UAE. In this role, you will be will be reporting to the Marketing Head and will be responsible for leading and supporting the market research of the company Sales & Marketing Team. You will create and lead an integrated set of digital, multi-channel marketing functions to rapidly and efficiently respond to business needs.
The job holder will provide customer insights to the commercial teams through execution and integration of market research and multi-channel marketing, and other data that will help drive key strategies and tactical decisions. He/she will work with internal stakeholders both local and Global to create standard digital material, applications and technology, that will meet the needs of the Multi-channel strategy. The position will execute yearly market research and multi-channel marketing plans, clearly communicate research results and findings, and contribute to franchise planning.
The job holder will collaborate with the commercial teams, medical affairs, market access, alliance partners, and other key stakeholders to lead the development and execution of yearly market research and multi-channel marketing plans. He/She will ensure effective communication of actionable market insights to the expanded team, and smooth coordination of efforts with other support functions.
Other responsibilities will include but not limited to:
• Works with commercial team to align on key priorities for the market research effort, re-evaluating and adjusting as needed.
• Ensures key strategic and tactical business questions are addressed.
• Conducts analytical deep-dives, design experiments, perform research, and build models to identify MCM opportunities for the enterprise.
• Partners with the business to identify analytic and strategic partners.
• Presents recommendations to senior executives and monitor impact of decisions.
• Reviews and selects recommend appropriate primary and secondary market research agencies consistent with procurement policies.
• Directs, develops, and reviews all research materials (discussion guides and screeners, surveys etc.) to ensure validity of research.
• Provides input as necessary to marketing and agencies in development of materials for testing.
• Manages fielding to ensure proper execution.
• Attends field research as necessary to ensure quality and smooth execution, and develop direct knowledge of findings.
• Leads digital analytics strategy, analysis, reporting, and optimization activities across Primary Care, Vaccines, and Immunology.
• Provides guidance on campaign targeting and segmentation.
• Directs the development of test methodologies and test designs based on analytic requirements for the purpose of hypothesis validation and optimization.
• Generates models for determining impact of multi-channel marketing campaigns.
• Identifies actionable insights and provide recommendations for resource allocation across non-personal promotional channels (e.g. digital marketing).
• Works with commercial team to align on key priorities for the market research effort, re-evaluating and adjusting as needed. Ensure key strategic and tactical business questions are addressed.
• Drives business efficiency and seamless decision-making through cross-matrix collaboration, especially with other analytic functions, e.g. Forecasting, Payer Analytics.
• Defines appropriate methodology for market research projects, consistent with business goals.
• Integrates findings from additional data sources (including other primary research, secondary data, syndicated reports, competitive intelligence, etc.) in interpreting results to provide proper context for findings.
To be considered for the role, you need to meet the following criteria:
• Bachelor’s degree in Pharma, Business Marketing, Business Management, or any related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Preferably an MBA graduate.
• Has at least 6+ years required of marketing or commercial analysis related experience (market research, marketing/sales analytics, forecasting, etc.)
• Has at least 3+ years in Multichannel Marketing.
• Knowledgeable and experienced with pharmaceutical data sources (e.g., prescription and sales data, patient claims data, promotional audits)
• Experience fostering personal development of direct reports.
• Experience effectively collaborating within a matrix environment and with colleagues across functions and geographies.
• Demonstrated Leadership (first line leader experience or successful matrix leadership or enterprise leadership) required
• Demonstrated breadth of experience (at least 2 functions, 2 BUs, 2 companies, or 2 geographies)
• Demonstrated ability to apply data and analyses to drive high impact business decisions
• Demonstrated ability to lead a high performing team in driving performance
• Demonstrated ability to influence senior commercial leadership and confidently defend informed recommendations
• Demonstrated excellence in project management and effectively managing multiple demands from multiple internal customers.
• Demonstrates ability to maintain objectivity and willingness to “take a stand.” Upholds high standards of ethical and intellectual integrity.
• Ability to work effectively across a matrix environment and influence without formal authority
• Ability to lead through change and inspire agility/flexibility amongst team
• Results-oriented creative thinker who is viewed by clients as a collaborative strategic business partner with an ability to influence leaders levels above in organization
• Excellent communication skills with a well-developed ability to communicate efficiently and productively both verbally and in writing.
• Superior analytical skills with proficiency in a broad range of primary marketing research methodologies including qualitative and quantitative design, data analysis and statistics.
• Ability to personally develop, create and maintain applications and systems is a strong preference
Candidates based outside UAE are welcome to apply.
About the Company
Black Pearl is a progressive, dynamic and well structured HR solution provider that offers permanent recruitment services, HR consultancy, psychometric assessments, coaching and also professional training services for clients from different corporate sectors in the Middle East.
Like a rare and unique black pearl, we consider our partnership with our clients and job seekers as a fine, precious and valuable encounter that needs to be affirmed, developed and supported with a strong commitment to deliver not only the right services but the best in the industry.
Our aim is to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients, strategically offering Black Pearl services that are customized to the unique requirements of our clients and job seekers alike, resulting in effectively achieving goals and all that is required in this ever evolving and competitive market.