Job description / Role
Alcon Maddox are proud to represent one of the region’s leading online gifting marketplace. They are a team of ambitious humans fuelled by their purpose to make the world a happier place, one gift at a time. They live in 8 countries and 21 cities across the region, and they are just getting started!
We are supporting this client in their search of a Marketing Director. As Marketing Director, you will be leading their marketing and growth functions across the organization. You will be responsible for setting and executing a marketing strategy that will allow the company to achieve its ambitious business objectives and help make the brand synonymous with gifting in the region.
This is a high exposure, cross-functional role spanning acquisition, retention, marketing communication, branding, research, training, and leadership. Be a member of a high-performing, rapidly growing team who are working to deliver life enhancing products and services to their customers.
• Develop and lead a scalable growth marketing strategy
• Own and efficiently scale the marketing budget to hit growth targets
• Direct the execution of various marketing activities with marketing teams across the company
• Lead the “internal marketing agency” and oversee / delegate the work of designers, copywriters, and marketing managers
• Manage the company’s growth engine by designing a clear and detailed customer journey and implementing various marketing automation tools to automate marketing campaigns at every step of the customer journey
• Implement successful digital marketing campaigns from channel to ad unit, for every stage of the funnel
• Directly responsible for tracking and improving key ecommerce metrics including CAC, LTV, Retention & Payback
• Manage a growth and digital marketing team, while consistently evaluating new ways to increase efficiency
• Coach, develop and recruit members of the marketing function across markets
• Develop marketing campaigns aimed at increasing loyalty, retention and the lifetime value of the customer
• Conduct market research/surveys/focus groups and develop personas to make better decisions on the respective region strategies
• Plan, organize and execute various marketing activities such as prospect and customer events, conferences, exhibitions
• Manage the production of customer content such as Case Studies, Blogs, Videos, Webinars and Whitepaper
• Lead the production of high-quality advertising and marketing content and launch 360 marketing campaigns
• Provide ongoing reporting, develop actionable insights, test and learn approach to new initiatives
• Bachelor's degree in a relevant field of study, a master’s degree / MBA is a plus
• 9+ years’ experience in high-growth e-commerce or online business
• Demonstrated leadership skills, both in building teams and influencing company direction
• Passionately data and numbers-driven. This is a must!
• Must have proven and demonstrated ability to build amazing brands from the ground up
• Established track record in spearheading successfully integrated product launches with measurable results
• A hands-on, “can do” attitude, and a drive for outcome focused performance
About the Company
Alcon Maddox was born in early 2019 out of the experience of our founder, Richard Richie.
He witnessed first-hand how technology companies, regardless of commercial maturity, struggled to source and retain high calibre sales leadership.
The Alcon Maddox mission is simple, we match great people with great companies so that great things happen.
We work as a true partner to our clients, rather than simply accept a vacancy profile and flood clients with potential candidates. We aim to develop a greater understanding of our customer’s business, consult on the vacancy and support role design, and then engage our unique Talent Targeting System that identifies and nurtures the most valuable candidates in the market, to provide a high-quality pool of qualified candidates.
Our vision is to continually challenge the way that quality talent is sourced and developed, driving improved commercial performance globally.
Head of Marketing
|Abu Dhabi||13 Apr|
Performance Marketing Director
Right Calibre Executive Search
Director of Marketing and Communications
Digital Marketing Director
Ignite Search & Selection
Head of Marketing - Large Food FMCG Company - Global Role