Job description / Role
Marketing Executive - Qatar
Do you want to help build a world-class institution from the region, experience the thrill of being part of a high-growth technology company, and improve people's lives? There is only one way to build an awesome institution: to attract exceptionally talented people who are aligned with the mission of the organisation and make them partners in success. At Careem, our mission is to simplify & improve the lives of people, initially through solutions that make transportation in the region reliable, and over time, through disruptions in payments and logistics. In the process, we want to build an organisation that inspires and become a world-class institution from the region.
Founded in 2012 by former entrepreneurs and McKinsey alums, Careem is the MENA regions leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 50+ cities across 11 countries and host over 6million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018. Read more about us here and here
ABOUT THE ROLE
The purpose of the Marketing Executive - Qatar role is to support the implementation of the marketing strategy for Qatar. This role requires a high level of market understanding and a diverse skill set across multiple areas, including social media marketing, event planning, strategic and conceptual thinking, content creation, and relationship management.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage customer activation as well as retention campaigns, from planning to execution and reporting in order to help deliver our main KPI: downloads, sign-ups, churn, daily trips
- Develop content strategies and Social Media initiatives and work closely with the Social] Media Agency to assure timely execution on our platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) and monitor customer feedback
- Monitor market trends, conduct competitive analysis and share the gained insights with the team on a regular basis
- Suggest measures to constantly improve our offering and the way we market our products
- Identify and build relationships with Social Media influencers in our space. Match our internal content creation with external influencers who would enjoy becoming Careem ambassadors
- Deliver a great experience to our many partners and manage these relationships to ensure result-oriented outcomes as well as positive brand affiliation
- Attend relevant events to evangelize the company's mission and find likeminded individuals and companies to align with on future initiatives
- Assist with event planning, execution and reporting and cooperate with vendors, event coordinators, and design teams for onsite collateral
The ideal candidate will have a passionate commitment to improving the lives of people, an insane focus on excellence and customer service, and a strong alignment with our core values: being bold, focused, agile and collaborative.
- Ability to get hands-on in a complex operational environment
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and work to tight deadlines
- Experience in event planning and management and working with design and production agencies
- Educated to BS/MS level (or equivalent) within a subject relevant to the position such as Marketing
- 3-4 years experience, ideally in a marketing-related position and/or within the technology industry/start-up environment
- Great knowledge of local culture
About the Company
We are a brand that aims to simplify people's lives by revolutionizing the transportation industry. A brand that strives to inspire everyone it interacts with, and supports every single person who dares to believe. #BeCareem
Careem is the MENA region's leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 50+ cities across 11 countries and host over 6 million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Marketing Sales Representative
JNK Services DMCC
Al Ghurair Properties
Sales Executive - Outdoor
Event Planning Coordinator - Corporate