Job description / Role
At Careem, our mission is to simplify and improve the lives of people, initially through solutions that make transportation in the region reliable, and over time, through disruptions in payments and logistics. In the process, we want to build an organisation that inspires and to become a world-class institution from the region. We have a fundamental belief that people hold the key to our success.
Underpinning this ambition is the need to build a strong brand as the foundation for the Careem of the future - and this is where you will make a difference!
Founded in 2012 by former entrepreneurs and McKinsey alumni, Careem is the MENA region's leading ride- hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With a track-record of strong growth, we now operate in 100+ cities across 14 countries and host over 24 million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by
the end of 2018.
Join us in building a world-class institution in the Middle East and experience the thrill of being part of a high- growth technology company whilst improving the lives of those in the region.
The Market Intelligence & Insights team are critical partners in collaborating with the Global Brand & local Marketing teams to set & execute the strategy of Careem's brand building. There's a shared mission centered around simplifying and improving the lives of those in the region while building an awesome organisation that inspires.
This senior role serves as global head of the Insights & Marketing Intelligence community. As a key member of the senior Careem brand leadership team, you will be responsible for leading, building and driving Careem's
nascent Insights agenda. You will define global Insights planning and strategy through tools and processes across our Customers, Captains, Colleagues and Communities; creating and fostering a vision of rich end-to- end insight-driven decision making.
- Own the Insights agenda, embedding the voice of our customers, captains, colleagues and our communities across Careem in our strategies and execution
- Oversee key Insight work-streams including Customer & Captain Segmentation, Brand Equity Tracking and ad hoc qualitative and quantitative research as required across the Region. This includes supporting our Technology organisation with Product & Feature research.
- Lead the external market intelligence gathering effort across Careem's ever expanding network, oversee the reporting and production of brand & key external KPIs and scorecards as well as ongoing competitor and market / category analysis
- Own the relationships (and budgets) with for external insights & research partners
- Build a team capable of delivering powerful insights that harness the power of both deep & thick data
- Constantly model the Careem values and culture at all times to your immediate team and beyond - how you do something is as important as what you do
- Preferred education: relevant undergraduate degree at top tier university + ideally post-graduate focus in marketing / insights / research / statistics
- 10+ years playing a leading role in an Insights organisation in a blue-chip, strongly customer / consumer centric organsiation with a track-record of partnering with marketing to drive brand-led growth
- Exceptional ability to flex left-brain / right-brain thinking and approach - you're as at home laddering deep qualitative insight & rich story telling with statistical & quantitative modelling and analysis in a tireless quest for the deepest, richest and most robust insights
- Deep expertise across all Insights verticals, with particular focus on Segmentation based strategies, Brand Equity Attribution & Modelling, Econometrics and ROI analysis across the media mix
- You're intellectually curious and hungry to learn, willingly embracing new techniques and methods, especially in the tech & insights intersection (e.g. Artificial Intelligence)
- Substantial experience providing Marketing Intelligence including competitor analysis & reviews, as well as overseeing the provision of external Scorecard / KPI production that is rich in insight
- Highly skilled presenter, communicator & writer, with exceptional collaboration skills, influencing across markets & cultures to embed insight-centric thinking
- Comfort with complexity and ambiguity - able to see patterns and discern insights across a wide range of markets, locations & customers
- Passionate about incubating a culture of customer-centricity, starting with developing exceptional talent and bench within the global Insights & Market Intelligence team. This means you'll have experience managing (directly or virtually) diverse teams with competing priorities and proficiency in directing the resolution of highly complex business challenges - you'll be a leading people manager, coach and mentor with proven experience in developing teams
- Tenacious, driven, and energetic - Self-driven. Outstanding organizational skills; integrity and great follow through on tasks. You don't get overwhelmed easily and prioritize with skill.
- Deep experience in managing multi-country Insights agency relationships & budgets
- In addition to exceptional discipline expertise and being highly detail-oriented, the successful candidate will be a thinker, a do-er, a go-getter and will express a sleepless passion for creativity, plus have a strong sense of humour!
- Fluency in English is a given, language skills relevant to the region are a bonus
About the Company
We are a brand that aims to simplify people's lives by revolutionizing the transportation industry. A brand that strives to inspire everyone it interacts with, and supports every single person who dares to believe. #BeCareem
Careem is the MENA region's leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 50+ cities across 11 countries and host over 6 million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018.