Job description / Role
• Performing as a sales and marketing representative of Korean SMEs
• Helping Korean SMEs find business partners and buyers in the MENA region, mainly UAE.
• Developing Korean clients’ business relationships with existing and new UAE buyers
• Offering expert advice and competitive support to Korean SMEs to understand local market conditions, consumer preferences, and forecast trends
• Conducting market research and Monthly/Annual activity report
• Undertaking various activities promoting clients’ products in the UAE market
• Supporting Korean clients’ business trips to UAE
• Identifying ideal events and networking opportunities with the local market and government officials
• Connecting overseas businesses with the right Korean partners and suppliers through meet-the-buyer events, networking receptions, and exhibitions
• Helping UAE and MENA buyers find suitable suppliers, products, and services in Korea
• Reporting to the team leader, Korean SMEs clients, and the head office in Korea.
• Performing any other work duties assigned by the team leader
AED 12000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
Additional benefits: Additional benefits
• UAE Resident
• UAE driving license
• Sales and procurement experience in UAE, preferably in oil and gas, Energy, and heavy equipment industries.
• Knowledge of vendor registration and pre-qualification will be a plus
• Advanced Business English skills (Korean will be a plus)
• Strong Business Network is preferred
• Customer-servicing work attitude
• Ability to manage multiple clients’ accounts
• Knowledge Of Microsoft Office (word/excel/PP)
• Knowledge of Korean culture and business mind is preferred
• Qualified to travel to abroad and South Korea
• Criminal clearance record will be required ONLY for candidates who will join
About the Company
Since its establishment in 1962 as part of the Koreas first 5-year Economic Plan, KOTRA has been dedicated to creating new export markets and increasing Koreas trade value, which reached $1 trillion in 2011. In the late 1990s, the agency helped Korea overcome the Financial Crisis by starting its foreign direct investment promotion division. And in the last half century, KOTRA has played a significant role in supporting Korean companies expanding overseas.
Today, the world economy is more volatile than ever due to the European financial crisis, China's hindered economic growth, upcoming elections in 15 countries and security issues in the Middle East. In preparation for a rapidly changing market environment, and using Koreas expansive FTA network, KOTRA is focusing on the globalization of small and medium sized enterprises(SMEs), the backbone of the Korean economy, by providing them with customized support related to global business establishment and export.