ME Firm Tax Senior Associate (Tax Advisory)
Job description / Role
Line of Service
Internal Firm Services
IFS - Information Technology (IT)
Job Description & Summary
The Firm Tax team is a part of the PwC Middle East (ME) Group's OneFinance function.
The team supports on all levels of the firm's tax activity and is organized into two (2) subfunctions: Compliance & Audit; Governance & Risk.
The tax advisory function sits under Governance and Risk.
This role is intended to support the Governance & Risk / Tax Advisory subfunction.
The ME Tax Advisory Senior Associate's role is comprised of the following:
• Support the ME Group's tax governance and risk requirements as relates to Middle East and non-Middle East tax matters;
• Support in relation to the tax advice provided to the business;
• Support with the ME Group's periodic non-Middle East tax reporting requirements;
• Contribute to tax optimisation projects;
• Contribute to upholding the tax governance of the ME Group in accordance with the Tax Code of Conduct;
• Contribute to managing and mitigating tax risks of the ME Group in accordance with the Tax Code of Conduct; and
• Support on ad-hoc projects
Support the ME Group's tax governance & risk based compliance process, including:
• Support with the ME Group's tax compliance and regulatory reporting documentation, including:
• Economic Substance Reporting (ESR);
• United States compliance & reporting (annual returns, withholding foreign partnership requirements);
• Other non-Middle East compliance & regulatory requirements;
• provide support on tax governance & risk projects such as automation requirements, costing validations, tax effectiveness and efficiency improvements;
• provide support on tax optimisation and tax savings projects;
• ensure submission deadlines are adhered to.
• Support the Tax Advisory Manager in providing tax advice to the business to help the Firm manage the tax impact on its business, including:
• Tracking the incoming requests for tax advice;
• Reviewing all types of provided documentation from a tax perspective.
• including, but not limited to, client contracts, agreements with suppliers, subcontractors or other PwC offices, internal/external forms;
Drafting advice in consultation with the Tax Advisory Manager:
• Advising on the tax implications arising on potential contracts/engagements;
• Advising the business on optimal tax efficient contracting;
• Advising on the VAT treatment upon invoicing;
• Providing approval of credit notes;
• Attending calls in relation to the on-going business requests for tax clarifications.
• Maintaining the tax advice folders and keeping them up to date;
• Completing US FATCA and CRS forms for the various ME entities;
• Completing various other tax-related forms (no PE declarations, withholding tax / treaty-relief forms, etc);
• Applying for tax residency certificates;
• Monitoring the Firm Tax internal codes.
• Develop strong working relationships with all stakeholders across the ME Group.
• Be up-to-date on the most recent global and local tax developments.
• Be actively involved in and a positive influence on team recruiting, development, training and retention.
• Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Law or a related field required.
• Bi-lingual English/Arabic.
• Fluency in written and spoken English & Arabic.
• 3+ years of tax experience ideally pertaining to multi-jurisdictional businesses.
• Previous experience with corporate tax and withholding tax is required.
• An understanding of other taxes and international tax concepts would be an advantage.
• Specific Experience
• Must have tax corporate income tax compliance experience.
• Tax accounting experience would be an advantage.
• Experience in the Professional Services industry in a top tier (Big 4) firm would be an advantage.
Knowledge and Skills
• Basic level of understanding across a broad range of tax related matters including compliance and corporate tax optimization.
• Ability to interpret tax legislation, rules and regulations
• High level of analytical skills, including proficiency with MS and Google tools.
• Ability to adhere to procedures, controls and policies for functional areas of responsibility.
• Organization, thoroughness, eye for detail and proactivity required.
• Excellent time management skills required.
• Strong verbal communication skills and business writing skills required to effectively communicate with stakeholders in relation to tax and ability to simplify complex concepts to a non-tax technical audience.
About the Company
At PwC Middle East, we've set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We're a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We're striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we're proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone's uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you're looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you're a future PwCer.