Job description / Role
• Experience in carrying out Building Services (Air-Conditioning, Drainage, Domestic water, Fire Protection, LPG etc) design to ASHRAE, CIBSE, NFPA, International and British Standards and Local municipality and Utility Authority regulations
• Coordinate with Architects, Structural Engineers and Mechanical Engineers and any other design consultants
• Design proficiencies in HVAC, plumbing, drainage, fire protection, smoke control and Building Automation systems
• Coordinate the MEP design and execution between Engineer and contractors/subcontractors
• Review & Ensure that MEP procurement strategy is practical and efficient
• Carry out arithmetical checks and independent design checks of Consultants design and design reviews in accordance with Quality procedures
• Responsible for the correctness and accuracy of their own work and the work of the team
• Complete engineering work within the agreed programme,
• Should attend regular meetings (on work progress, coordination, design, etc.) with Main Contractor and Consultant to discuss key issues related to the project and take effective corrective actions.
• Participate in value engineering activities to ensure delivery of maximum value of mechanical engineering/services
• Conducting reviews of engineering options and evaluations to validate the robust nature of new products and design solutions.
• To coordinate with other design disciplines as required on a day-to-day basis or as set out by the project requirements
• Review all designs for its buildability and ensure it is fit for purpose.
• Minimum Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering. In addition, membership of a recognized professional institution is preferred.
• Minimum 10 years of experience in high-rise residential and commercial towers Minimum 7 years’ experience in Middle East
• Experience of Mechanical design software -- Computer design package E-20, IES Design Suite, Hevacomp.
• Understanding of British, American and International design standards
• Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English
• Good report writing skills, experience of making presentations to and attending meetings with clients is essential
• Experience of dealing with contractors and construction activities.
About the Company
Engage was formed in 2007 in response to frustrations at the level of service delivery offered by traditional large recruitment agencies working in the construction market. With a belief in providing a truly knowledgeable, precise and quality driven service, Engage strives to offer a recruitment experience to both employers and candidates that is unrivalled in the marketplace.
We provide precision staffing solutions, including contingency and executive search, within the construction and commercial marketplaces. Our enduring relationships with market leading organisations in the region and overseas means we have access to the best candidates and the best vacancies.
MEP Project Engineer
|Abu Dhabi||17 Dec|
Mechanical Design Engineer
Ignite Search & Selection
Senior Mechanical Engineer (Site Supervision)
Engineering Consortium Consulting Engineers
Mechanical Inspector - Theme Park Rides
MEP Procurement Engineer / Officer
Ignite Search & Selection