Job description / Role
We are WSP - Join us and make your career future ready!
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking.
Join WSP, and you'll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
We have an opening for an experienced Mechanical Engineer who has at least at least 5 years' experience on the design & site supervision of data center projects with complete knowledge of uptime institute Tiers classification system and ANSI/ ASHRAE standards.
Your new role, what's involved?
* Mechanical system design and understands Mechanical systems with in the data center environment
* Developing of key documents and calculations
* Coordinates reviews with other disciplines/ contractors and departments and performs constructability reviews.
* Initiates and optimizes cost effective system design and develops conceptual HVAC and mechanical system design.
* Selections of HVAC equipment based on heat load calculation and standard available unit capacities with minimized power consumption.
* Knows how to prepare standard discipline deliverables, including standard work processes and tools.
* Understands engineering department procedures and their application on projects.
* Understands standard contract requirements and scope as they relate to Mechanical work.
* Knowledge of technical issues related to mechanical design work and discussion with third parties (customer, contractors, suppliers, and regulators).
* Develops/compiles Engineering Deliverables Register and Document Control System for each project. Monitors quality of output, including checking, approval of engineering deliverables, i.e. specifications, reports, drawings, etc.
* Review of engineering queries and their responses.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* BSc / BEng in Mechanical Engineering
* Working towards membership of relevant professional institution
* Minimum 5 years of experience in Mechanical design focused on data center design and delivery.
* 5 years' experience working in the Middle East
What's in it for you?
Apply now and be the future of WSP!
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.