Job description / Role
Mechanical Inspector - Buildings
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Parsons is a technology-driven engineering services firm with more than 70 years of experience in the engineering, construction, technical, and professional services industries. The corporation is a leader in many diversified markets with a focus on infrastructure, defense, and construction. Parsons delivers design/design-build, program/construction management, systems design/engineering, cyber/converged security, and other professional services packaged in innovative alternative delivery methods to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide.
• Inspect construction and supervise mechanical installations related to building projects.
• Check that the works are being carried out according to the approved procedure laid down in the method statement to ensure compliance with design specifications and safety codes and report any deviation and unsafe methods to senior staff.
• Verify that the materials of approved make, class and rating are being used.
• Ensure that safety norms, relevant building codes, etc are observed.
• Understand the sequence of activities for executing any given works and foresee any likely hindrances that and report to his senior.
• Report the progress of works at site to senior staff.
• Maintain records of inspections, work executed, etc.
• Perform other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
• Diploma or Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
• 7-10 years of relevant experience in construction supervision of building works in an engineering-consulting firm.
• At least 3 years relevant work experience in GCC region, preferably in Abu dhabi.
• Good written and oral communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills, as well as a demonstrated ability to interact effectively with project personnel and management.
• Must be able to read and interpret blueprints and construction specifications and be thoroughly familiar with construction related processes related to area of assignment.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.