Job description / Role
What is Talent Pooling?
Talent Pooling is a Serco initiative to build a database of candidates, that have the right Technical Skills, Experience and Qualification as well as who are interested to join Serco Middle East, for current or future opportunities.
If you are interested to join Serco or already working with us and looking for a career growth, this is the vacancy you should apply and go through the Recruitment process, to qualify for the next available vacancy in Serco Middle East.
We will review your application and if you meet the Technical, Experience and Educational requirements, we will invite you to our next Assessment Day, where you will go through the Technical Test and Interview (if you clear the test) and if successful in the interview, you will be added to our Database for future vacancies and we will contact you as soon as there is a vacancy in Serco Middle East.
What are we looking for?
- We need Mechanical Technicians, with Facilities Management / Building Maintenance experience, ideally in large projects e.g. High-rise Towers, Hospitals, Airport, Malls etc.
- You must have at least 4 years of relevant experience, preferably in UAE or any GCC country
- Experience of operating and maintaining various Mechanical systems in a building e.g. Pumps (hydraulic and pneumatics), Motors, replacement of bearings, piping fabrication, fire fighting system, generator maintenance etc.
- Strong understanding of Facilities Management processes and standards
- Knowledge and experience of using of BMS system
- Must have minimum ITI or Diploma/B.Tech in Mechanical Technology
- Good communication skills in English (Read, Write and Speak)
- Willing to live in company provided accommodation
If you meet the above criteria, please apply and we will be happy to shortlist you for the Serco Talent Pool process.
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative.
About the Company
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos.
Serco customers are looking for expertise in managing their people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise economic decision makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver quality services directly to the public.
Serco supplies to governments, government enterprise, agencies and companies who seek a trusted outsourcing partner with a solid track-record of service excellence. Serco people offer operational, logistical and technical expertise in the Transport, Justice and Immigration, Defence, Education and Healthcare industries as well as in the commercial sectors of Facilities Management.
Serco Middle East have been in the Region since 1947, starting out delivering Air Traffic Control Services in Bahrain; a service we are proudly still running today and have expanded to include many other Airports in the region.
We have expanded significantly since that time across the UAE, Saudi Arabia and Qatar. We have been supporting the RTA to operate the Dubai Metro since 2009, are preparing to launch the flagship Saudi Arabia Passenger Rail service from Riyadh to Qassim in 2016. We deliver Facility Management services to both Cleveland Clinic and Healthpoint Hospitals in Abu Dhabi, large-scale medical facilities in Saudi Arabia and a range of educational and commercial properties in the UAE. We also deliver postgraduate education to Officers in the Qatar Armed Forces through the Joaan Bin Jassim Joint Command and Staff College in Doha.
Focusing on our core values, and creating a positive environment for employees to thrive, we look forward to a bright future as we continue to grow with the region.