Job description / Role
Immediately available, locally present (in the UAE) candidates will be considered.
Candidates have to be fully vaccinated.
This role is for EXPO 2020 - 4-5 months contract. The Media Liaison Officer is responsible for driving Expo 2020’s strategic and substantive narrative, engaging top-tier media, planning and delivering strategic campaigns, managing internal and external stakeholders, and protecting the reputation of Expo 2020 and the host country.
• Support the development and delivery of strategic, proactive communications that secure positive media coverage for Expo 2020
• Fulfill role as part of the Expo 2020 crisis communications team as required
• Support the delivery of wider Expo 2020 MarComms activity and campaigns
• Role is twofold: to support activity on the ground based in the Expo Media Centre, responding to the journalists needs and to respond to the needs of the media globally who may be remote, ensuring that we provide them with the content they need to cover Expo remotely
• Drive the communications for Expo programme activities, pushing material to the media on the Programme for People and Planet, business programme and the events and entertainment programme
• Manage proactive and reactive media relations
• Respond to media enquiries across the globe via Tawassul and press office email
• Organise interview opportunities for Expo spox – prepare briefing books, staff and follow up on interviews
• Identify feature opportunities for Expo content to be included in global features e.g. on sustainability, women, youth, SDG goals etc.
• Identify opportunities to place content in Expo’s key markets – UK, US, France, Germany, Russia, India, China
• Pitch editorial to the media who are covering the event remotely
• Prepare material for daily media briefing, ensuring spokesperson is properly briefed and provide background insight on global trending news and Expo news agenda
• Liaise with IP’s & partners to support them with their media outreach
• Write press releases, features, Op-Eds as required across all of Expo’s programme
• 5+ years’ experience in a PR agency working on high profile clients, managing multiple clients
• Must have proven event experience with clients, ideally working on mega events
• 5+ years’ experience of managing a range of stakeholders, including media
• Experience of working in an active press office environment
• Excellent writing skills – able to write quickly and accurately press releases, features, Op-Eds, briefing books
• Experience of staffing interviews for senior spokespeople with the ability to manage the interview opportunity from identification of opportunity, preparing briefing book, staffing and managing the interview and follow up to ensure accurate strong coverage
• Experience of working in a crisis environment, ability to remain calm and focused
• Excellent English communications skills, both written and oral
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Strong organisational skills
• Ability to work under pressure
• Innovative, adaptable, flexible, enthusiastic and confident
• Experience in working within a team, supporting others but accountable for own work and a self-starter
• Local knowledge of the UAE
• Verbal and written language capabilities
• Excellent Arabic communications skills
• Additional language skills
• Experience working in, and with, mega events
About the Company
We lead in the creation and delivery of innovative workforce solutions and services that enable our clients to win in the changing world of work.
ManpowerGroup powers the success of many of the world's most dynamic organizations. We deliver innovative workforce solutions that enhance competitiveness, increase efficiency and spur productivity. Combining global reach with local expertise - 3600 offices in over 80 countries - we know the changing world of work and bring a deep understanding of the companies we work for and the industries we service.
ManpowerGroup entered the Middle East in December 2007 after acquiring local company Clarendon Parker, thus bringing 15 years in-depth local knowledge combined with a global footprint and industry shaping expertise and thought leadership. Manpower Middle East supports clients in the Middle East and North Africa regions. Our business is aligned to key skill specializations to ensure our clients requirements are met by expert and knowledgeable consultants that understand your industry and role requirement.
Our consultants are experts in finding the right talent across all industries in a broad-range of occupations including:
- IT & Telecommunications
- Engineering & Construction, Oil & Gas
- Banking, Finance & Legal
- Sales & Business Development
- Marketing, Public Relations & Communications
- Human Resources & Training
- Customer & Support Services (Secretarial and Administrative)
- Operational, Supply Chain & Logistics
- Executive Recruitment
- Emiratization Solutions
- Recruitment Program Outsourcing Solutions
- Managed Service Provider Solutions
- Talent Based Outsourcing Solutions
- Outsourced Staffing Solutions