Job description / Role
On behalf of our client, we are recruiting talented individuals to work on the United Kingdom’s Pavilion at the Dubai EXPO 2020 event. Visitors to the Pavilion will be provided with an interactive, high tech visitor experience
We are currently seeking a Media Officer to join the UK Pavilion team. The role of the Media Officer will be to support the UK Pavilion DIT Senior Leadership Team to deliver a coordinated media function for the UK presence at Expo 2020. You will report to the UK Pavilion DIT Senior Leadership Team and DIT Media & Comms Lead in London.
9am to 6pm (including breaks) 5days a week on a rotating schedule to cover a 7day operation Weekend work will be required.
Key Tasks and Duties:
• Liaising closely with the Embassy press team and the UK based communications team, providing a coordinated media offer for the UK presence at Expo 2020
• Acting as the press office for the Commissioner, Deputy Commissioner, UK Pavilion Director and Deputy Director.
• Setting up interviews, briefing the interviewee, establishing contact with the media, fielding requests for interviews.
• Actively seek out media opportunities for the UK Pavilion and team, liaising closely with Expo media team and the Embassy Team.
• Be able to act as a Guide for media visiting the UK Pavilion
• To work with the London based DIT Team to help set up in-country interviews for visiting UK Ministers and other Senior Stakeholders and Spokespeople.
• To work with the DIT Sponsorship Team where required
• To work with the DIT Events Team where required
• To handle film crews and help in the production of social media content where required.
• Perform duties whilst adhering to Expo 2020 Covid-19 guidelines and SOPs as instructed during the training and as laid out in the staff handbook
• An excellent command of the local language(s) and English. Other languages would be an advantage
• A good understanding of the local media landscape and be experienced in dealing with a variety of media and media channels
• A collaborative attitude and be able to build and maintain wide ranging networks
• A good communicator, flexible and excellent team player.
In return you will be provided with a competitive salary plus other benefits and the opportunity of a lifetime to work on such a world-renowned iconic event in what promises to be one of the stand out Exhibition Pavilions.
About the Company
Our aim is to provide our clients and candidates with a consistent, quality service that goes beyond the norm, giving them peace of mind and complete trust in our ability to meet their needs.
Big Fish consultants specialise in their fields and have extensive experience in the region and beyond. We take pride in our knowledge and network and believe that our relationships are built on trust and integrity and are made for the long term.
At Big Fish, as well as caring for the people we work with, we also care about the world and environment we live in, that's why Big Fish support initiatives that promote human welfare, environmental protection and sustainability.
Visits Support Officer
Big Fish Recruitment
Logistics Support Officer
Big Fish Recruitment
Office Coordinator - Monday to Friday
Irwin & Dow
Office Administrator / Customer Service Assistant