Job description / Role
Applications are invited for the post of Medical Research Specialist with a special focus on qualitative research methods at the Institute of Public Health (IPH), College of Medicine and Health Sciences, United Arab Emirates University. The IPH has a wide range of interest areas including Public Health, Epidemiology & Biostatistics, and Occupational and Environmental Health. The successful applicant will provide educational, technical and administrative support to IPH for its teaching and research activities.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide technical, administrative and computing support to faculty and students using statistical and presentational software (STATA, SPSS, R, Excel, Power Point).
• Assist with research studies including data collection, data entry and analysis.
• Assist with teaching sessions including computer practical sessions.
• Provide assistance with the design and preparation of slides, posters and graphics for presentations, conferences and medical exhibitions (local & international).
• Perform other academically-related duties as determined by the head of department
• Applicants should possess a Master degree in Public Health, Epidemiology, Biostatistics or a closely related Basic/Health Science subject along with relevant experience in research and teaching
• PhD in Public Health degree
• Familiarity with qualitative research methods, including data collection, data entry and analysis
• Experience in using qualitative research software (Nvivo)
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Abilities to conduct interviews
• Experience in transcribing records and provide a thematic analysis
• Excellent computing skills and familiarity with the use and application of statistical packages, databases, spreadsheets & graphics
• Ability to work independently and take initiative
• Demonstrated awareness of cultural, privacy and confidentiality issues
• Good team working skills and flexibility with working hours
• Fluency in English
• A working knowledge of additional languages such as Arabic, Urdu, Hindi, Tamil and/or Malayalam will be an advantage
About the Company
Founded in 1976 by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, UAEU is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling about 14,000 Emirati and international students. As the UAE’s flagship university, UAEU offers a full range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges: Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Food and Agriculture; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Law; Medicine and Health Sciences; and Science. With a distinguished international faculty, state-of-the art new campus, and full range of student support services, UAEU offers a living-learning environment that is unmatched in the UAE.
As a research-intensive university of international stature, UAEU works with its partners in industry to provide research solutions to challenges faced by the nation, the region, and the world. The University has established research centers of strategic importance to the country and the region which are advancing knowledge in critical areas ranging from water resources to cancer treatments. UAEU is currently ranked the number one research university in the GCC, number two in the Arab World, and #370 globally.
UAEU’s academic programs have been developed in partnership with employers, so our graduates are in high demand. UAEU alumni hold key positions in industry, commerce, and government throughout the region. Our continuing investments in facilities, services, and staff ensure that UAEU will continue to serve as a model of innovation and excellence.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Teacher - Science / Chemistry / Biology
The First Academy
Strategy Associate - Healthcare & Life Sciences - Top Tier Strategy Firm
NSI & Bluefin Talent
Medical Insurance Coordinator for a Leading Dental Clinic
A Leading Recruitment Agency in UAE
|Abu Dhabi||8 Feb|
Officer - Reception - Mandarin Speaker
Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (ICBC)
L'Oreal Middle East