Job description / Role
• Provide technical support to the Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology and to another research related whether, CMHS, UAEU or affiliated collaborates like SEHA employee.
• Principal Investigators on matters related to Placenta research studies. In particular, assist faculties to develop research and grants application to those related Exvivo Human Placenta Perfusion research.
• Provide technical support to Principal Investigators on matters related to epidemiological research.
• Performing laboratory tests to produce reliable and precise data to support scientific investigations.
• Keeping update of all required tasks to placenta perfusion.
• Keep self update with the technical evolution in placenta perfusion techniques to save time and reliability and credibility with international standards
Specific Responsibilities and Tasks:
• Daytoday administration of the departmental Placenta Perfusion laboratory materials and service requisitions (specification, quotation, company contact, receiving)
• Performs or assists with routine data verification and quality control, ensuring data integrity and consistency with prescribed study protocol.
• Following safety guidelines and watching the laboratory and referring of problems to the concerned staff.
• Preparation of research protocols according to P I objectives.
• Preparation of methodology and materials (i.e. reagents, solutions, placentas. etc) needed by the specific experiments.
• Routine laboratory work such as cleaning, sterilization of glassware and maintenance of equipment's, sample collection, processing and centrifugation, samples registration, labeling and weighing.
• Preparation of placenta perfusion set up for perfusion studies. Preparation of perfusion media, perfusates, and placenta samples for histopathology\electron microscopy, HPLC, and clinical chemistry assay studies.
• Assists in the setup, operation, maintenance of research equipment, instrumentation, and/or collaboration maintenance with other facilities.
• Other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor (PI) or chair of the department.
• Bachelor of Science & beyond, (Biology, chemistry, microbiology, physiology and pathology).Preferred Qualification
• An experience in biomedical research of 2 years.
• Good organizational skills
• Experience in supporting investigators with ethics application preparation, manuscript writing and grant preparations.
• Experience in developing standardizing protocols, designing experiments, collecting and analyzing results.
• Experience in setup, operation and maintenance of research equipment.
• Working experience with software applications used to conduct research, analyse data and write research grant, ethics applications and manuscripts for publication.
About the Company
Founded in 1976 by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, UAEU is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling about 14,000 Emirati and international students. As the UAE’s flagship university, UAEU offers a full range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges: Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Food and Agriculture; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Law; Medicine and Health Sciences; and Science. With a distinguished international faculty, state-of-the art new campus, and full range of student support services, UAEU offers a living-learning environment that is unmatched in the UAE.
As a research-intensive university of international stature, UAEU works with its partners in industry to provide research solutions to challenges faced by the nation, the region, and the world. The University has established research centers of strategic importance to the country and the region which are advancing knowledge in critical areas ranging from water resources to cancer treatments. UAEU is currently ranked the number one research university in the GCC, number two in the Arab World, and #370 globally.
UAEU’s academic programs have been developed in partnership with employers, so our graduates are in high demand. UAEU alumni hold key positions in industry, commerce, and government throughout the region. Our continuing investments in facilities, services, and staff ensure that UAEU will continue to serve as a model of innovation and excellence.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Microbiology Biomedical Scientist / Technologist
|Abu Dhabi||16 Nov|