Job description / Role
• The overall objective is to support the Department and the College in research, to carry out laboratory work, and look after the research equipment as well as other facilities at the College.
• Participating in ongoing research in the Department, conducting experiments in a particular laboratory, and assisting laboratory personnel research.
• Be responsible for the technical development, maintenance and troubleshooting of laboratory experiments.
• Ensure that the work is completed efficiently and on a timely manner.
• Training undergraduate and graduate students in the techniques used in the laboratory.
• Assisting the PI in writing research grants and manuscripts.
• Ordering laboratory consumables and reagents as needed for research.
• Maintaining the water purification units, Autoclave equipment, Glassware Washing Machine, and all the other central equipment such as microscopes, freezers, spectrophotometers, centrifuges, ovens, etc.
• Monitoring the Liquid Nitrogen stock at the College and arranging to order more when needed.
• Managing, collecting, and the delivery of gas cylinders (CO2, N2, He, Ar.) stock at the college.
• Supervising and arranging for the disposal of biological waste.
• Helping as invigilator for the students examinations.
• Assisting in the laboratory-based practical sessions for undergraduate medical students in the different Biochemistry courses.
• Adhere to the university regulations and safety whenever applicable.
• Help with the PI's research as they see fit
• MSc. In Biological Science or related disciplines
• Minimum 3-4 years in academic or research institution setting and/or in the relevant scientific field.
• Computer skills including Microsoft Office, Excel, etc.
• Communication skill
• Interpersonal skill
• Problem solving capability
About the Company
Founded in 1976 by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, UAEU is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling about 14,000 Emirati and international students. As the UAE’s flagship university, UAEU offers a full range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges: Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Food and Agriculture; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Law; Medicine and Health Sciences; and Science. With a distinguished international faculty, state-of-the art new campus, and full range of student support services, UAEU offers a living-learning environment that is unmatched in the UAE.
As a research-intensive university of international stature, UAEU works with its partners in industry to provide research solutions to challenges faced by the nation, the region, and the world. The University has established research centers of strategic importance to the country and the region which are advancing knowledge in critical areas ranging from water resources to cancer treatments. UAEU is currently ranked the number one research university in the GCC, number two in the Arab World, and #370 globally.
UAEU’s academic programs have been developed in partnership with employers, so our graduates are in high demand. UAEU alumni hold key positions in industry, commerce, and government throughout the region. Our continuing investments in facilities, services, and staff ensure that UAEU will continue to serve as a model of innovation and excellence.