Job description / Role
Be a part of our international consultancy business that spans our five global hubs, where we oversee work for world leading organisations across the public and private sectors. Our Middle East and North Africa hub started in 1998 and has successfully operated in a wide range of countries, delivering project and programme management and cost consultancy services.
To be responsible for the MEP management of residential projects in Dubai. The role involves significant engagement with the client and requires a strong candidate that can manage that interface whilst ensuring the projects interests are best managed.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Providing input to the procurement of the mechanical and electrical trades packages.
• Providing constructability input to the design process.
• Managing all mechanical and electrical and building services aspects and site control for the M&E phases of a project on behalf of the project director.
• Ensuring delivery of agreed construction performance targets for the project.
• Managing all onsite interfaces and de-conflict tasks and alleviate risks.
• Managing the appropriate construction safety reports and company safety instructions applicable to the site and project scope.
• Ensuring that risk assessments and safe systems of work submitted by contractors meet the requirements of the company management systems.
• Providing construction reporting and forecasting against the project programme in order to deliver the requirements of the programme.
• Supporting the early identification and notification of contract variances for process through the project management team and that they are fully and properly recorded.
• Preparing and participating actively in the project hand over process and ensure that all appropriate documental evidence are provided.
• Understanding and implementing project procedures for all MEP contractors and support in the package management of other trade contractors where necessary.
• Setting up clear lines of communication with consultants and MEP contractors to address shortfalls and issues that may arise in a timely manner.
• Providing advice to project teams on planned logistics arrangements.
• Reviewing and accepting related project delivery plans submitted by MEP subcontractors.
• Managing and chairing meetings with the contractors and client as well as design consultants.
Your experience, knowledge and skills need to include:
• 10+ years of experience working in a similar role.
• 3+ years of UAE experience.
• Residential project experience.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience of managing contractors and consultant teams.
• Flexibility to travel to support any off site MEP inspections.
• Strong leadership skills.
• Strong technical grounding skills.
• Expertise in building and maintaining key client relationships.
• A relevant degree qualification or equivalent.
Mace is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people to excel.”
About the Company
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 6,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East North Africa and India, North America, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety first - going home safe and well, Client focus - deliver on our promise, Create opportunity - for our people to excel, Integrity - always doing the right thing. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most complex and inspiring projects around the world.
We support our people who are aiming to achieve an academic or professional qualification that will help them develop personally and deliver to the highest standard for our clients. At Mace you can deepen your knowledge, expand your skills and define your own path.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
MEP Construction Manager
Ignite Search & Selection
MEP Project Engineer (Mechanical or Electrical)
Ignite Search & Selection
Site Mechanical Engineer
A Leading Construction Company In Lebanon
Site Construction Engineer for a Leading Oil and Gas Company
A Leading Recruitment Agency in UAE