Job description / Role
An MEP Contractor in Dubai requires an MEP Project Engineer to work on a mixed use Commercial Development.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• In-charge for overseeing all Mechanical and Electrical works
• Ensure the MEP work carried out is as per approved shop drawing and within the time frame and progress of the approved construction program.
• Ensure that the installation, inspection and testing of all the MEP equipment, fittings and work implemented meets the specification and the consultant requirements
• Verify the accuracy of shop drawings and their compliance to the specification, consultant’s design and existing local authority standard.
• Review consultant’s design and specification
• Complete responsibility to decide on day to day work that needs to be carried out by subordinates including: scheduling of activities, assigning task to groups or individuals, accuracy of work conducted, supplying resources and dealing with operational issues and problems.
• Coordinate with other project personnel to ensure that deadlines, procedures, and other project requirements are met.
• Liaise with local authorities for the approval of MEP services drawings and service connection.
• Prepare shop drawing & material submittals for consultant’s approval.
• Candidates must have a minimum of 5 years experience working as a Mechanical or Electrical Engineer for an MEP Contractor, hold a Mechanical or Electrical Engineering degree or Diploma, have knowledge of both Mechanical and Electrical Services and have Middle East experience.
Please do not apply if you do not have the outlined experience.
About the Company
Ignite is a specialist Construction and Property Recruitment Consultancy. We are experts in the Middle East and Asia markets which we service from our offices in the UAE and UK.
Our consultants operate in a niche market making them experts in their sector. This allows us to offer our clients and candidates expert market knowledge whilst building long term relationships.
We pride ourselves on recruiting Construction and Property staff of all levels and disciplines. We offer the same high quality service whether you are recruiting or seeking work from Engineer through to Company Director level.