Job description / Role
Faithful+Gould are currently looking for an experienced MEP Engineer to form part of our Project Management Consultant (PMC) project team based in Abu Dhabi. The main objective of the PMC is the successful delivery of a high quality hospitality project in accordance with the client’s expectations with regards to budget, program, and quality compliance.
The project has completed the design and contract award stage, with the focus being upon technical submittals, procurement, installation, testing and commissioning, and authority approvals
* Provide MEP systems advice to the PMC team and client in relation to systems installation, commissioning, and handover
In conjunction with the Supervision Consultant identify any non-conformance and coordinate appropriate rectification
* Oversee contractor progress and identify any progress concerns
* Review of design consultants and contractors for compliance with their contractual responsibilities.
* Identify risks and develop appropriate mitigation measures in conjunction with the PMC team and the client
* Oversee the technical submittal process and identify any issues inhibiting the process of submission, review and approval.
* In conjunction with the Supervision Consultant, ensure ITP’s and Work Method Statements have been correctly prepared, approved, and complied with by the contractor
* Oversee the Lead Consultants performance in finalising authority design approvals, and the contractor’s performance in relation to obtaining necessary authority permits during installation and at completion
* Coordinate with the client to ensure their requirements and expectations are met in relation to the MEP works
* Conduct periodic inspections and advise the PMC team and client regarding compliance.
* Participate in any necessary quality audits in relation to MEP works
* Oversee the testing and commissioning program and ensure contractor compliance in conjunction with the Supervision
* Review contractor schedules in relation to procurement, installation, and testing and commissioning, and identify any potential delays or progress concerns
* Assist the PMC team with change management and provide any necessary recommendations upon the same
* Manage the handover of MEP systems to the Operator
* Ensure As-builts and O&M Manuals requirements are completed in accordance with the owner and operator’s requirements
* Manage MEP defects rectification during the defects liability period
* Attend coordination meetings.
* Degree qualified: Bachelor Degree or equivalent in a related field
* 8 years of experience and preferably have experience similar to this project/role
* Professional membership
* Track record in the delivery of large multi functional projects;
* Technically proficient and able to understand the requirements of each MEP system installation
* Ability to identify key issues and risks associated with system design and installation, and ability to coordinate management and resolution of the same in consultation with client, designer, and contractor.
* A “rounded profile”, comfortable with overseeing all aspects of design, technical submittal procedures, procurement, installation (QA/QC), and testing and commissioning.
* Effective in building good working relationships with client, contractor, and design team
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).